Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Repacking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know on Idoc repacking

1) What is Idoc repacking?

2) when we are using idoc repacking in sap po?

3) give me simple example scenario on idoc repacking

Thanks,

Raju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

A SAP Note 1973427 contains good explanation of when IDoc re-packaging is useful and how to configure it, this Note addresses all three questions you raised.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

i go through the note 1973427. but i am not understanding.

can you please let me know  which perspective we are using idoc re-packing?

I want any business scenario on Idoc re-packing .

Thanks,

Raju

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raju, IDoc re-packaging is a mechanism to keep packaged processing of IDoc messages in a PI system in case when a sender application system uses IDoc packaging and package size in a sender application system and a PI system shall be different. This is especially helpful for high volume interfaces. Let's assume a sender application system uses IDoc packaging in order to optimize IDocs processing and delivery to a PI system, and sends up to 100 IDocs per RFC call. Let us also assume that we would like to optimize corresponding messages processing in PI by beans of packaged processing (splitting RFC call with 100 IDocs in individual messages and getting 100 XI messages is not an option for us in this example, due to performance considerations), but handling a single XI message that will contain data of received 100 IDocs may cause generation of too large messages within PI, and we would like to split original package into smaller chunks (for example, compose XI messages that will contain data for up to 20 IDocs). To achieve this, IDoc re-packaging option in IDoc sender communication channel is enabled - namely, an option "Multiple IDocs in Single XI Message" is activated and maximum number of IDocs that shall go into a single XI message is specified (in our example, "Number of IDocs in Single XI Message" = 20).

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thank you for replay,we are planning to implementing IDOC_AAE in receiver side.

we created file-2idoc scenario in single stack(SAP PO 7.4).here we sending three orders.xml files to ECC system using pass-through scenario.we have an options in IDOC_AAE receiver side i.e Packing Required . How can we use this option.

Thansk,

Raju

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Please have look at a section "Packaging for Proxy (SOAP in XI 3.0 protocol) and Java IDoc adapter" in PI Performance Check guide (), it contains very good description of how Java IDoc packaging mechanism works. In newer Support Packages, it was enhanced with possibility to customize not only number of IDocs in a package (as provided in an example in the guide), but also package size and maximum wait time of IDocs coming to a package when bundling it (as indicated on your screenshot above).

Idea and motivation behind this concept is the same: transmission of IDocs in fewer (RFC) calls in sake of performance optimization by means of delivering multiple IDocs in the same (RFC) call to a backend system.

Regards,

Vadim