SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post invoice in FICA with separate sub transaction other than 0002.

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my current configuration of invoicing, my invoice is posted in FI-CA with main/sub 0100/0002. Instead of that, I want to post invoice with separate items, like if invoice is having 3 different line item types it should be posted with three different sub transactions with main 0100. How can it be achieved?

Thanks

Viraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Viraj:

You can try posting area R410 - i do not recommend using this for every receivable component or you will create other issues.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viraj,

If your invoice line items consists of lines from billing documents, then only way you control the sub-transaction is on the Rate Steps in the Billing Master Data. Depending on how business wants the billing line items to be posted to G/L they have to be maintained in the Rate Steps.

In the Rate, a debit and a credit sub-transaction must be specified for each Rate Step that can create billing line items relevant to posting, same applies to Budget billing sub-transactions as well.

If your invoice line items contains items other than billing lines (like any FI-CA Documents included during Invoicing e.g. Account Maintenance (ACCMNT) items) then it will have the same sub-transaction as that of the items being included.

So it all depends on what invoice line items you are referring to, hope this helps!

Thanks,

Srini

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Viraj:

You can try posting area R410 - i do not recommend using this for every receivable component or you will create other issues.

regards,

bill.