Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 8.0 - Send Notifications

muthavarapu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts -

I am trying to implement the email notifications in IDM 8.0 SP01. When I try to provision the user to the target system, IDM system try to execute the send notification task. But it was giving below error message. See Figure 1.

Also see the Package constants in Figure 2.

I am not sure if I miss any other configuration specific to IDM 8.0 Notifications. So please share your thoughts and resolutions to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Nag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you follow this article in setting up the notifications?

Todor

former_member187331
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Todor,

your link is about manually sending custom Notifications.
I think Nageswara (like me) wants to implement automatically triggered notifications by the Provisioning Engine.

Greetings,

Aydin

muthavarapu
Explorer
0 Kudos

All -

The issue not yet been resolved. I have been struggling to trigger the notification automatically from Provisioning Framework. I am requesting the guys from SAP, please look into this issue to resolve ASAP. This is a regular functionality. Even I have been connecting with SAP, still no resolution.

Thanks,

NAG

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nageswara,

I am from the SAP IDM Dev Team,

Could you please give me step by step description how you reproduce this behaviour so I can check it out on a test system and I will get back to you ASAP.

Regards

Todor

muthavarapu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Todor -

I have supplied all the constants for the Notification package including NOTIFYEVENT_* constants. Now try to create the user in the target system like ABAP system, IDM system will automatically trigger the notification task in Notification Package. But it was giving the error in the image.

Thanks,

NAG

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nageswara,

Ok I've retested and it seems that is working on my site.

The only way to reproduce your error is to leave one of the constancts empty.

So here is what I did in my case:

I filled all constants with values -and gave the same template to mosot of the constants.

Have in mind that all constants should be filled in.

You error message suggest that some of them or one of them are empty

"packConstantValue" StringisEmpty.

Please check this and say if it fixed the issue.

Maybe the problem could come from the PREFIX constant.

Regards

Todor

muthavarapu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Todor - Thanks for your help. I did not maintain the DEBUG email ID. Now he issue has been resolved.

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todor,

Is it necessary to fill in Debug recipients constant even if we are not using debug mode in 8.0? Will the functionality be enhanced to consider only filled in constants?

Kind regards,

Jai

former_member187331
Participant
0 Kudos

Can also confirm its working now. Thanks Todor.

This should maybe be better documented. It will confuse a lot of people I'm sure!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187331
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nageswara,

did you find any solution to this problem?

I am experiencing the same issue.

Greetings, Aydin