cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSJS out of memory error - Processing over 1 million records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a XSJS function which runs an algorithm to process table data, We are getting out of memory error if table has more than 1 million records. We have a 64 GB productive instance .the XSJS function is called  via XS Job .

Thanks

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It doesn't matter how much memory your HANA instance has, very little memory is set aside for the XS layer on purpose.  XS is intended to be lightweight pass-through layer.  You shouldn't try to do mass data processing there.  For custom logic against mass amounts of data, use SQLScript procedures instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the information. The reason why i ended up using XSJS function over Procedures is because of the dynamic nature of algorithm , everything comes from the configuration , table name, where condition , field list, subsequent grouping logic. I have initially started with procedures but was not able to accomplish all because of this dynamic nature and landed in the XS side.

Is there any way we can increase this XS memory?.

Thanks

Mahesh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Is there any way we can increase this XS memory?.

Not to do what you want to do. That just isn't what XS is for.  You should either figure out how to do with SQLScript or use a different, external application server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the information , i will give a try back at procedures.

Thanks

Mahesh

Answers (0)