cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing Document number

0 Kudos

Hi,

Experts while clearing customer(example) invoice i get same clearing document number for  customer invoice & payments.

my doubts is  how the clearing document number get generated,what is the document type,where do i assign the document type.

Please help me to find the solution.

Thanks

Raja Guru P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229982
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The clearing document number is based out of the document type used at the time of posting the clearing transaction.

And document type depends either on the transaction code used (for certain transaction codes default document type is specified. View this using transaction code OBU1) or the same can be specified in the document header (where document type field is editable and not hidden).

Flow is as follows:

Transaction code/Document Header --> Document Type --> Number Range

Regards,

SP

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

still my doubt is while receiving payment against  invoice clearing document number(number range different invoice&payment) will generated,what is  the document type for clearing.

Thanks

Raja guru

former_member229982
Participant
0 Kudos

Clearing document Number will be based on the document type maintained for the transaction using which you are receiving the payment, if it is a payment with clearing scenario.

If any further doubt, let me know the transaction codes used by you for the invoice to payment cycle.

Answers (0)