Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same attribute assigned to 2 Master Data types

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In one given planning area, we would like to assign the same attribute for 2 different Master Data types.

We are wondering if it could create conflicts when creating planning views, loading data , etc ... ?

More specifically, we would create an attribute "Family" and would assign it to standard MD type "CUSTOMER" and custom MD type "STORE".

This attribute would also be assigned to a planning compound planning level : PER | CUSTOMER | STORE.

Thanks a lot for your input,

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I agree, it should work that you can activate it.

But you can only assign it once to the planning area, which of them would you take? I am not sure if selecting in excel would work on both.

And why would you want it assigned again to the compound? That should be superflous, I guess.

It will be interesting to see your test results as I can see other use cases for that configuration, so please be so kind to post them 🙂

Good luck

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

I have not worked on this scenario, but trying to contribute.

You can configure two separate descriptions in the planning area for the same attribute to avoid confusion while trying to create planning views.

Regarding data loads, my guess would be that it should create any problem as each MDT has a separate table to store data and no data is stored independently in an attribute without a MDT association.

Regards,

Aditya G