Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman patch error

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

When running SUM i get this error:

I have replaced the kernel in e:\download with a new kernel (7.22). But then i just get this error:

Seems like a dead end?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230159
Contributor
0 Kudos

From the note 211077 >>>

In the case of an upgrade or EHP installation that does not involve a basis change, the kernel in "/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run" used by the system might already have a higher patch level than the kernel requested here.

<PUTDIR>/log/CHECKS.LOG also states that the kernel in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run will not be replaced.

In spite of this, you must proceed as described here because only the kernel from SAP Service Marketplace has been tested and released for operating the shadow system.

SAP does not support the use of the active kernel from /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run to operate the shadow system *****

please follow the steps as mentioned in the note.

best regards,

Manjunath Hanmantgad

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

But that is exactly what i did - followed the note which tells me to download a new kernel and put it into the download directory?!

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend to download latest 721_EXT kernel files from SMP and put them in the download directory.

Files to download :

1. SAPEXE SAR file
2. SAPEXEDB SAR file
3. latest tp
4. latest r3trans

Please remove any old SAPEXE* , tp, r3trans file from download directory.

In the first error scrrenshot , it was saying that you have a r3trans version which was released in July and needed a r3trans version which was released in november or later so only downloading the latest 721 r3trans would have solved the issue.

Once done, repeat the phase.

Regards,
Gaurav

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I did what you suggested and also did a total restart of SUM (deleting directory and starting over). And now we are on track

Answers (0)