cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special delivery codes in customer master shipping tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on a migration SD project, in the legacy system, they have the possibility to assign customers to delivery codes, which could be for example  001 which means, goods have to be picked on a pallet, so when sales orders and delivery document are created, the shipping clerk will see the code in the delivery pick list and understand how the goods are to be picked, In SAP customer master, we do not maintain delivery codes in the shipping tab in sales area data, is there anywhere this data can be maintained, can sales order item texts be used to fufill this requirement

any good pointers will be very much welcomed

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks for your input, certainly food for thought

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I guess you could try using sales order item texts, but just think about it: does it really make sense from process point of view?

Imagine the following situation (one of the most simple cases I can think of):

Material A is produced as 120 CS in a single package.

Material B is produced as 120 CS in a single package as well and is very similar in dimensions, packaging/transportation requirements to material A.

Customer A001 orders 120 CS of material A and 60 CS of material B.

Due to insufficient stock you have a delivery of 60 CS of material A and 20 CS of material B.

This is not exactly the same as having 120 of A /60 of B, so would it be a good idea to pass the same information/instruction to the warehouse in both cases?

Yes/no/maybe... we do not know anything yet about product A and B, customer A001, vehicles, containers (if any) - treatment for pricing, inventory etc.

Repackaging cost/time (if needed) could be related to the price the customer pays, it could be tied to the warehouse employee salary, could result in different prices for transportation, different packages could affect vehicle utilization etc.

So you can see that things are not that simple...

From your explanation I assume that your client already has some functionality in the legacy system to perform/process packaging. It would be a shame if they lose a functionality instead of gaining when they decided to implement a more sophisticated solution.

It would be a good idea if you ask your colleague/colleagues responsible for the warehouse/transportation setup to join you for a workshop/discussion with the client to clarify the requirements for product packaging and agree on the exact strategy. When containers are involved and especially if the client uses external transportation companies, please ensure that FI/CO people are also part of the discussion.

former_member662097
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes, you can use sales order texts. Here goto VOTXN and add new text in Sales document->Item as per your requirement.

Regards,

Shatrughan