cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.4 AEX: Issue with Alert configuration - didn't receive mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I configured the alerts by folowing the article nut still have an issue - I didn't receive any alert mail..

I did next steps:
1. I created and activated alert rule in the ID.

2. I specified which types of alerts should be included in the alert rule and specified an alert consumer.

3. I configured JavaMail client service.

4. I scheduled AlertConsumerJob and it's works fine.

At all - I didn't receive any alert mail.

I checked the JMS queue for ALERT-TO-MAIL via HermesJMS and saw that alert was generated:

So, I checked the JavaMail config by creating simple File - to - Mail integration scenario.

Configuration of Mail receiver communication channel is equal to the JavaMail client service config (excluding URL, in communication channel I used prefix 'smtp://', e.g. in communication channel URL == 'smtp://mail.host.dom', while in JavaMail mail.smtp.host == 'mail.host.dom').

File to mail scenarion works fine, I succesfuly received mail.

What should I check/do now?

Thanks in advance,
Ignat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ihnat,

Please check which mail recipients are specified in parameters of AlertConsumerJob. Is your mail address in there, in a parameter "MailTo"? Also check if a fix described in a SAP Note 2122500, has been applied (there was an issue with alert consumer jobs sending alerts to mail addresses specified in a parameter "MailFrom" instead of "MailTo").

From job log, it is seen alert message has been delivered to a mail server. If your mail address is listed in recipients of AlertConsumerJob, then please check the mail server - probably, it accepted alert message, but failed to process / deliver it further.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

thank you for your answer.
Of course, my mail address is in the AlertConsumerJob 'MailTo' parameter.
And it's equal to the address in the receiver mail communication channel:

Why do you think that the problem on the mail server side? Do you have an idea of how can I trace the JavaMail service?
In system log I can see only two records for AlertConsumerJob...

Thanks!
Ignat.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ignat, if AlertConsumerJob would have failed to establish connection to a mail server and deliver an alert to it (e.g. if mail server would have rejected incoming call from PI), then this will be visible indicated in AlertConsumerJob log together with raised exception details. As per the log you provided, it is seen no errors / exceptions took place in PI > mail server communication.

Do you have access to a mailbox specified in a parameter "MailFrom" in AlertConsumerJob configuration (or can you temporarily change it to a mailbox to which you have access)? This is to check if an issue described in a SAP Note 2122500 is valid or not. If yes, then you should be able to see mails with alerts in that inbox.

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (0)