Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting setup for different production and planning location in APO

former_member215376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to ask for your advise on the setups for subcontracting wherein we use different production and planning location in APO.

Here's our supply/production flow.

We have a Finished Good (FG) which is being sold at Distribution Center (DC). The production is happening at location PR while the planning is at location PL. So t-lane setup, which is created manually in APO, at FG level is from PL --> DC. Upon running location heuristics at FG-DC, purchase requisitions will be created at FG-DC whilst Stock Transport Requisitions at FG-PL. No issue on this point.

We have a PPDS PPM created from Production Version in ECC and transferred via CIF to APO. PPDS PPM is at FG-PR which contains Semi-Finished Goods 1 (SFG1) as component being planned in APO. In APO, the PPDS PPM is manually changed such that Planning Location will be PL and Production Location is PR. Please comment on this setup if this is okay. Similarly, we create SNP PPM based on PPDS PPM following the planning and production locations. Hence, whenever we run either Product Heuristics or Location Heuristics at FG-PL, the output gives us PPDS Planned Orders within the production horizon and SNP Planned Orders outside SNP horizon. Also, automatically, the dependent demand is exploded at SFG1-PL. We don't have issue at this stage but I want to make sure if you have any comments especially on the planning and production location at PPMs.

The SFG1 is actually being subcontracted at Vendor (VE). Hence, we created Purchase Info Records and Contracts for SFG1-VE and use PL as plant. At this point, I want to ask again if this is okay since the production is not at PL but rather in PR. This Purchase Info Record is transferred to APO via CIF in order to create External Procurement Relationship and so to automatically create t-lane i.e. VE --> PL at SFG1 level. Not only the Purchase Info Record, but also the Contract from ECC is transferred to APO. Both Purchase Info Record and Contract have valid end date i.e. 12/31/2016. Since we have already the dependent demand at SFG1-PL, we can run location heuristics so that the output will be a Subcon Purchase Requisitions at SFG1-PL and SFG1-VE. However, the output that we are getting at this point are APO local orders only (8*) and these local orders are not getting converted into Subcon orders (3*). Note that IMs for transaction data (PO and PR) are maintained and active for SFG1-PL. Even if I create Subcon Purch Req manually via interactive planning in APO, still the output are always APO local orders. And if I run reconciliation and push the Subcon Purch Req to ECC, the following errors are appearing via CFG1 in ECC:

"Fill in all required fields"

"Error during creation; GUID: Le5* ; Item 00*"

"Error during creation; GUID: Le5* ; Item"

Let me know if you have any idea on the errors.

Now, we also transferred the subcon Production Version from ECC to APO such that we can have PPDS PPM for SFG1-VE which contains Semi-Finished Goods 2 (SFG2) as component being planned in APO. At this point, we also changed the planning location as PL and Production location as VE in our PPDS PPM. Is this correct? The concept is the same for SNP PPM for SFG1. So, whenever we run either Product Heuristics or Location Heuristics at SFG1-PL, the output gives PPDS and SNP Planned Orders but both orders are still in APO local orders (8*). Can you comment if we have the correct setup on PPMs?

Thanks and would appreciate your response here.

Regards,

AA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215376
Participant
0 Kudos

This can be closed. We maintained purchasing org in the purchasing view of material master and all APO local orders were turned inti correct order numbers. Thanks!

Answers (0)