cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Wrong" path for Upload/Download Directory - SAPGUI 7.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are facing a strange issue with download of documents in SAP GUI. Before migration to SAP GUI 7.40 (from SAP GUI 7.30) the Default download path for documents was the Default SAPWORKDIR. After migration to SAPGUI 7.40 Patchlevel 4 we got an other path as default download path (..\AppData\Local\SAP\SAP GUI\tmp).

I checked in SE24 objectype CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES the path for GET_UPLOAD_DOWNLOAD_PATH and as to be expected the path was wrong. If I check the paths with SAPGUI 7.30 the paths are correct (means they are the same as de SAPWORKDIR). I already checked the registry but couldn't find any entry with the same path. I even tried to set the key SAPWorkDir in HKEY_LM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAP Shared but as Note 1501119 this key is not used anymore (and even if set it didn't worked).

I also tried to switch of the security settings for SAPGUI but the paths are the same.

Any idea why this happens?

Thanks and BR
Pascal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Pascal,

Normally GUI upgrading could not affect the download path.

Attached below note.Hope this can help.

622128 - Customizing the file Upload/Download paths.

Best regards,

Xuejiao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Xuejiao, I already checked this and if we set parameter GR8 it takes the path from there. But this is no solution for us as the default path should not point to the tmp directory...

BR
Pascal