cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we write the HANA code in ABAP BADI's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

please guide me whether can we add the HANA code in ABAP BADI's? actually i got one performance issue with nested loops.

Ex: i have two internal tables with 5k records in both and have to consider every record for processing from both internal tables by nested loop( so 5k * 5k = 25000000 times) in Dev system. Somebody told me that by using HANA code we can reduce this issue.

please advise me how to overcome this issue in ABAP.

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185511
Active Participant
0 Kudos

what those loops are doing ? Are you trying to create a combination table ?

if just reading, it is not that much i am doing similar one with 100K-1million row tables.

better post your logic here, i am sure you can optimize it with hash tables , primary-secondary indexes.

If you are going to implement same logic in HANA it may take longer aswell unless you execute in 1 select statement by cross join.

Former Member
0 Kudos

reading and fetching data from table.

Ex: loop at Tab1_header assiginig <ftab1>.

loop at Tab2_item assigning <fatb2>.

read table tab3_item into wa3 with key key3 = <ftab2>-key2 binarysearch.

if sy-subrc = 0

select *...................etc

endif.

endloop.

endloop.

please help me using Hash Table concept for above scenario.

thanks

Srinivas

former_member185511
Active Participant
0 Kudos

first lets remove your select * which is inside the loops and put outside of the loop.

Never read anything inside a loop . probably hundred thousands-millions of select statement is going to db side.

to make a quick test. remove the select statement (i mean comment it ) and run the code, so lets see the minimum possible time that the code can run. later we can optimize.

lets assume without select (just comment the line ) program finish in 2 min, so after moving select to outside of the loop and reading the records with either read table or looping from a hash table, we can let it finish in 2 min 30 sec or 3 min depending on the number of records on the last table.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To generic question to answer, let us know what you are trying to achieve in the loops.

Did you mean you want to use Native SQL ? 

Cheers

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i'm using Native SQL.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is how you can use Native SQL within ABAP. You can search with " Native SQL in ABAP" for more information

Native SQL - ABAP Programming (BC-ABA) - SAP Library

There are lot of new features  in ABAP on HANA  which might help you . Have a look at this thread ( Thomas's reply ) .

Cheers

Anindya