cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Seeburger adapter certificate configurations

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a third party -> PI -> ECC Interface. By using Seeburger SFTP adapter file is picked from third party and sent to Ecc system.

Recently third pary has made some changes in their server, after channel is failed with below error.

Error :- Could not connect to remote host for listing irectory, Reason - could not create a new certificate for Host IP XX.XX.XX

Third party system has given new key codes SSH - rsa 1024 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and asked us to change the code in PI system.

I could see one certificate for the interface is installed in NWA.., and it looks like a self signed certificate for me.In Communication channel  User name / password is configured for authentication.

So My question here is..Do i need to create a new self signed certificate for solving the above error..?or how to solve the issue

Also what is the significance of the certificate installed for SFTP connection, since user/pwd only used for authentication.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoth,

If you using certificate based authentication then of course you have to change as per the new changes.

AS Nitin suggested get the certificate and import the same in NWA,

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoth,

As the server IP has been changed, you need to upload the new certificate provided by your 3rd party.

Importance of certificates is to allow the person from where the connection is coming. If the certificates do not get matched, then you cannot connect to the system at all, and the same is happening currently with you.

Username and password will be used to perform some functionality on the server.

Regards,

Nitin