Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Archiving file

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

Can you please let me know following things while Archiving file using SFTP adapter,

1. File is getting archived but the file extension .txt is added at the end. For ex. file name is test.csv then file in archive folder is created as test.csv.txt. I haveused the parameter addDefaultFileExtension as true and false both but none of them seems to be working. Please let me know how can I address this issue.

2. I wanted to add timestamp as we do in file adapter. I am not able to find any option in SFTP adpater .Can you please guide how can this be achieved.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for above responses.

@Praveen - I have seen both the notes and both of them have a different approach,

1. 1817747 - Says .txt is a feature provided by SAP.

2. 2104739 - says .txt can be replcaedby using paramter add.default.file.extension as true. I have tried the same and it dosen't work.

Can you suggest me if you have any other suggestion on the above.

@ Inaki - I am impleneting Archiving on Sender SFTP adapter and have tried to implement the suggesions provided in the link and it dosen't work.

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

What is your SFTP service pack and patch levels, you need to have SP03 patch 12 or SP04 patch 06 in order to work the parameter 'default.file.extension'.

Better to apply latest SFTP service pack then this problem will be resolved.

Regards,

Praveen.

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am using SAP PI 7.31 SP09. Shouldn't that come with the parameter add.default.file.extension

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Abishek

SFTP service pack is independent of Pi version, you can check SFTP version in system information, you can check below document how to check service pack version

http://go.sap.com/docs/download/2015/08/c28709e4-557c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf

Regards

praveen

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

Check this thread

Regards.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos