cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JAM logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm running an enterprise version of SAP JAM (executed on top of SuccessFactors), and I'm trying to integrate an external OData application. I'm trying to configure it, but i'm having troubles with the import of the $metadata file from the external service.

The error I get is quite general and looks like the following

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8528394/screen/jam_err.PNG

Is there a way to get a more detailed explaination or a trace of the error?

Please help me! Thank you very much.

--

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adam,

I opened an SAP incident and discovered the issue was about networking (as you suggested). Thus with the new update of JAM, the error comes out more explicit and says the problem was about SSL.

SAP is now working to solve the issue.

Thank you for your support, I'll update this thread when a solution is available,

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

The error is stating it is having trouble accessing the metadata file.  This generally means a permissions or network issue with accessing the metadata file.  This file must be accessible by the Jam systems, so it needs to be exposed to the internet.  Depending on the security setup on that file, you may also need to import a security certificate.

You can also try testing hitting the URL via cURL to check the accessibility.

-Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

thank you for replying. We are exposing the Gateway through a Web Dispatcher (WD):

• WD has valid CA signed certificate.
  • Nevertheless I imported the certificate in JAM ( External Applications>Trusted Certificate Authorities)
  • curl works fine and I'm able to get $metadata even from outside the customer's intranet
  • No firewall rules are setup to block inbound calls to the gateway

How about possible errors in the OData format?

• We are exposing OData v2.0 (compliant with JAM requirements)
  • Here is a fragment of the $metadata

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8528394/screen/Cattura.PNG

As you can see we have a sap namespace (underlined in red) that I can't find in other $metadata files I successfully imported in the past.

Any suggestions?

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The content shouldn't cause the error you are seeing.  This error is usually a connection issue.  Content will usually fail at the annotation level with a different error as the annotation may not be able to decipher the metadata.

It may be best to raise an incident with the support team so that they can help investigate and get access to the logs that may contain more details.