cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST Adapter : Get URL Dynamic Variables for Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to use SAP REST Adapter in my interface with GET Operation, i have gone through number of blogs, but all are based on NWDS.  But here in my scenario i'm not using NWDS, and i want to GET dynamic Variables from URL and map them with my RFC inputs..

Example : http://<host>:<port>/RESTAdapter/demo/query/customer/26 --- Here 26 is my input parameter in URL, i need to use this in mapping.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor

Hi Venu,

Recently there was discussion of a similar issue - see for details and solution.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for the inputs, which is almost solved my issue. But the URL attributes values are not refreshing, every time its getting previous values till i refresh CPACache.

Example : URL - http://<host>:<port>/RESTAdapter/demo/query/customer/26 - here 26 is my input parameter value for the first time, if i change it to 27 still system is taking 26 as value in my message attributes.

Regards,

Venu    

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu, can you trace HTTP calls being sent by a client program and HTTP data coming to PI? Can it be assured that it is definitely an issue on PI side and not caching on client side?

In PI, you can enable HTTP trace in ICM or use XPI Inspector trace for a REST sender channel with enabled HTTP provider trace (full dump).

Then please send several HTTP GET requests with various identifiers and check if correct GET requests are sent out by client. On PI side, check collected HTTP traces and see if GET requests content is changed or not.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I checked it, in message log it is showing correct data, means the data which is coming from client, but in message attributes its showing old data.

Regards,

Venu

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

Would you mind posting screenshots or details indicating where you see correct data (in which monitor?) and where not (here, I understand, adapter specific message attribute that you can check in PIMON Message Monitor, in message attributes or in dynamic configuration attributes display, right?)? Or, can you clarify in which message log you see the correct value? I wouldn't think it to be an audit log of a message in PIMON, since it should indicate values which have already passed through adapter logic, so message audit log shall already contain incorrect value, but please confirm. Is it a message log in a REST client?

Can you please also check if a fix described in a SAP Note 2258139 is applied in your PI system? Symptoms look similar to what you described.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks a lot. Said SAP Note resolved my issue.

Regards,

Venu

Answers (0)