cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CT04 and the 'several dependencies' issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm new in the Community, and I hope I can help and learn as much as possible here

Let me share with you a little issue I have been struggling longer than what I'd like to regarding T code CT04.

I will try to explain it as simplest as possible, as I have not much experience and I am also using a lot of business specific data:

I use CU01 for defining several dependencies such as:

Dependency D_A which definition is ENG_MOD='V6'

Dependency D_B which definition is ENG_MOD='WANKLE'

I use CL02 for defining a Class named ENG_PROPERTIES, and it has two Characteristics (ENG_YEAR and ENG_MOD).

I use CT04 for managing Characteristic ENG_YEAR.

I may want to define the Value 2007 within the Characteristic ENG_YEAR, and create its Objects Dependencies.

If I set an Object Dependency called D_A (using the one I already made on CU01); then, the ENG_YEAR = 2007 has a Dependency with ENG_MOD = V6.

And everything is working properly!

PS: I am using a made-up example, trying to make it simple. This example could mean that one of the options of engines manufactured during 2007 could be a model of V6 engine...

HOWEVER!!!!!

If I set a second Object Dependency called D_B (using the one I already made on CU01); then, the ENG_YEAR = 2007 SHOULD have both Dependencies with ENG_MOD = V6 and ENG_MOD = WANKLE.

This would mean that an engine manufactured during 2007 could be a V6 engine or a Wankle engine.

I use IA05 for defining a General Maintenance Task List for an engine called RP01. I link RP01 with Class ENG_PROPERTIES, and I fill in the Characteristics fields:

- ENG_MOD: V6.

- ENG_YEAR: 2007.

If I use these values, then SAP gives me an Inconsistency. And this does not happen if the Characteristic has ONLY ONE Object Dependency...

I feel like having two Object Dependencies does not work as a Logical OR. Could this be the reason?

I know a way to solve it, which is setting an Object Dependency which definition is ENG_MOD='V6' OR ENG_MOD='WANKLE'.

But due to the impact it has in the System (and in myself), this is not the option I would like to take...

Is there any formula for setting several Object Dependencies (already defined in CU01) working as OR?

I'm sorry for the huge message, but I wanted to explain it properly and the easiest way (even though is a large message, I hope it is not hard to understand).

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,

Darío

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone seen this isse before?

Is the issue understood?

I'd be truly thankful if someone could come up with a solution...

Thank you!