Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM - Navigation directly to second screen

shahid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone give idea for navigating to step 2 directly when the URL is launched?

Any code/Configuraiton idea?

Issue 1: Sourcing cockpit screen, use FPM GAF component.

Is it possible to navigate directly to the second screen (Assign source of supply – Step 2)?

I am trying to execute an URL which launches SOCO screen, URL parameters has the document number. I am filling these document number in the selection screen here and explicilty trigger SEARCH method code and the results gets displayed in the below result table.

Till this part, I have no issue. I have successfully opened SOCO screen, set the selection and executed the search and selected the result.

Now the user has to click on next, to go to next step (step -2). I want to avoid this step of user clicking on the next. I want this logic to be part of the above code, so that user can avoid clicking on next.

• Tried to use FPM_NEXT_STEP at different places like WDDOINIT, WDDOBEFORE NAVIGATION, and in /SAPSRM/WDC_FPM_GAF_CONF ~ OVERRIDE_EVENT_GAF method and none seems to be working. Result is STEP 2 gets highlighted, but the screen of step 1 shows after execution.
  • Tried to use HIDE_MAINSTEP, resulted in dump
  • Tried to use AppCC by creating a new WD which implements IF_FPM_CONF_EXIT, resulted in dump
  • Tried to raise an event in Window – handler method, the event which I created in component controller is not available.

Issue 2: Workload distribution screen, use FPM OIF component.

The problem here is, on click on “search” the code call another view of a different component. Unlike the above screen we don’t have the result table in the same view.

Standard code “fires a plug” to display the result table.

I don’t have a choice of firing the plug in WDDOMODIFYVIEW as WD doesn’t allow the screen to navigate while screen 1 is being rendered and the code results in dump.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member469314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know the application you are using, but in general it is possible to navigate directly to the second step in GAF. I guess your event FPM_NEXT_STEP is cancelled and that is why you still see the screen of step 1 after the execution of the event. There are two possibilities how the event could be canceled:

1. in the OVERRIDE_EVENT_GAF method via method IF_FPM_GAF->CANCEL_EVENT

2. in the PROCESS_EVENT method of any of the uibbs via setting the parameter EV_RESULT to value FAILED

Probably in your application the first possibility is the reason. I would recommend to set a breakpoint in the CANCEL_EVENT method and then debug further to see why the event is cancelled. I think you'll end up in class /SAPSRM/CL_FPM_OVRIDE_GAF or a subclass of this class where there is a method CHECK_CANCEL_EVENT which evaluates if the FPM_NEXT_STEP event should be processed or cancelled.

Regards,

Rebekka

Answers (0)