Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough quota for attendance/absence XXXX on 31.12.2009 for personnel no

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When employee is applying for vacation in March 2015 from the portal its is giving him the following error.

Not enough quota for attendance/absence XXXX on 31.12.2009 for personnel no XXXX.

User has enough quota maintained for year 2015 in IT 2006.

The information of components installed are:

SAP_BASIS7400007SAPKB74007SAP Basis Component
SAP_AP7000031SAPKNA7031SAP Application Platform
SAP_HR6040084SAPKE60484Human Resources
SAP_HRRXX6040084SAPK-60484INSAPHRRXXSub component SAP_HRRXX of SAP_HR
EA-HRRXX6070035SAPK-60735INEAHRRXXSub component EA-HRRXX of EA-HR

I have checked this llinks:

Not enough quota  for attendance/absence 1... | SCN

Not enough quota  for attendance/absence X... | SCN

Note 1898969:Error "Not enough quota XX for att./abs. XXXX on XX.XX.XXXX for personnel No. XXX...

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

tis is one reason .......here u can check any leaves which u already applied was in "sent" status and manager is not approved u can check in PTARQ ...display documents , give pernr there by checking filter option there with sent status . check his leaves in 2001 and check in portal ..compare both and check in PTARQ by checking in sent status as i said

Pat21
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, The reason here could be a open Leave request (as Jwala rightly mentioned check if any are in "sent" status) Please check this Note "1580055 - ESS Leave Request Application (LEA): Collision on a different date" describes a very similar problem - although with a different error message.

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

The open leave request scenario as above normally gives the error at the request stage, not the approval stage.

We are still getting the error sporadically.

0 Kudos

Any news on the original topic? We're facing the exact same problem.

User definetly has enough quota available, error message is not showing in the backend.

When Supervisor tries to approve, the error message "not enough quota for xx for Absence type xy on xx.xx.xxxx" appears. Clicking 2 times on approving works and allows the supervisor to kind of ignore the error message.

This happens since  approx. 2 weeks, is only with some requests and not reproducable. Any idea?

Thanks

Lkv
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please  share  the  exact date  when  employee  applying  leave. Also check  the  quota  validity  period  in 2006 infotype.

Problem  facing  only  in ESS  portal?  Did  you  checked  in  R3?

Regards

Vinodh L K

0 Kudos

Employee applies for one day leave on July 1, 2016. Error message states that there is an issue with quota not being availbale for 19.10.2016. This is one day being part of an already approved leave for October 17-28, 2016. 8 days quota for quota type 81 (which is the error) are still available, even including the approved leave for October.

Issue only happens in ESS, not PA30.

Check ESS database with requests in Status "SENT", only the one for July 1st was in Status "SENT" at that time.

Quota is valid until 31.12.2017.

Thanks

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please can you read the threads I shared above, as leave request works differently.

i had explained earlier, its standard functionality

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2068984 http://scn.sap.com/thread/3321695 http://scn.sap.com/thread/3679812

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

Siddarth

All these links to threads appear to relate to the REQUEST of leave (issues I am aware of and deal with on a regular basis)

The issue that Svenja and I are having is exactly the same and relates to leave APPROVAL in MSS, ie once the request has been sent without error.

(Please note that for the same request which fails in MSS approval can be given via the PTARQ tools)

It happens on a sporadic basis seemingly without pattern.  The only outstanding request in PTARQ is the one awaiting approval. All the employee's have plenty of quota left and there is nothing in PTARQ or IT2001 that would cause issue.

The error message, quite simply is incorrect, has only started to occur over the last 2 or 3 weeks and has never occurred before this time for LEAVE APPROVAL in the 6 years or so that ESS/MSS has been used for holiday requests.

I do not want to disable the message as surely this would apply to request as well and we want to keep the error in these instances as it allows us to keep the leave requests tidy as we complete the roll out of ESS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clarie,

check his quota once

Regards,

SAP HCM TEAM.

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes you are right hiding message is a good option

So now I clearly understand the question

Sporadically, Leave approval gets Quota error even though there are leave  in sent, approved status in RPtarqdbview or ptarq tables and IT2001 is empty and these are no future leaves

I have seen this error, if there  quota changes or BDLS transaction was run, it used to throw  out incorrect quota messages.

was any changes done in your system? is this production or test?

EA HR levels? need to check if you are missing some notes

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you ever find a cause/resolution for this as we are experiencing the same?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i mentioned as above. do you get this in production? can you confirm

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

YEs, it happens in Production, we have been unable to replicate in DEV or QAS

0 Kudos

Claire: We are still having the issue. No solution yet. Have posted this to SAP directly and am still waiting for a response.

Others: I think we are all aware of the leaves in Status SENT being calculated as well (depending on customizing) and other impacts. But the fact is: the error message is wrong. Happens in production. No other requests in Status SENT. Only when approving leave, not requesting. Works without error in backend PA30.

Solution cannot be to hide the error message in ESS, as if there is really not enough quota, we want this to be shown.

Claire did perfectly summarize the issue in her post from Jul 15, 2016 11:48AM.

It started to happen several weeks ago.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just wondering if you have had any resolution from SAP?  We are just now facing the same issue.  EE has plenty of quota but throwing erroneous quota error when supervisor tries to approve leave request.  Unable to duplicate in our QA system.  Do not get the error in R3.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you two know each other?

hahaha Just posted pretty much the same question.

Lkv
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please  check in R3 - t.code Pa30 apply leave in infotype 2001 and subtype with same date 31.12.2009 which you applied in ESS. Problem with Quota validity I believe.

Regards.

Vinodh L K

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to t-code SM30

Specify table V_HRWEB_TRS_MESS - Configure output of messages.

Click on Maintain button

Specify the rule group which your using

Here specify that message class id and number and check the check box to skip this error message.

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar

What is the cause of this error?

Is this a problem of SAP?

WHen the employee really not have account , the system not would show the message

In the System R3 work fine . The error only occur in the ESS

Regards

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't thinks so it's SAP problem. It should display the message when there is no enough quota for any leave type and some leave types are allowed with out leave quota also. This is depends on how the leave types counting rules are configured in ECC side.

Did you check this way, Is it giving error for all types of leaves or particular leave type ? And is it for particular employee or all employees?

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

this is not occur in the System R3.

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

r/3 side ok . if it's showing error for all leave types then ess side config. needs to be cross check.

So, check above points as i mentioned from ESS side. then we can cross check any bug or config issue which get conflict from ESS side.