Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto import based on Categorisation in the Change Document

former_member187014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client is on Solman Version 7.1 SP08 and we have the following functional requirements within ChaRM: -

Background

ZMCR Change Request configured (copy of SMCR) and ZMMJ Std Change (copy of SMMJ) and ZMHF Urgent Change (copy of SMHF) also configured.

Multi Level Categorization set up at Levels 1 to 3 on the Change Request/Change Document with Level 1 configured to be Catalogue, Change, Consultancy or Incident.

Requirements

Upon status 'Successfully Tested' being set in the Change Document and where the category at Level 1 is 'Catalogue' only then there is a requirement to automatically import these into the Production system.

I have seen some threads around Status Dependent Import (The Hidden Treasure of ChaRM) and also the New Import Strategy : Selective Import Solman - SP10 but no appear to provide a solution to my requirements?

Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated!!

Regards

Gary B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Nothing in standard exists which will meet your requirement.

Further automatic scheduling of jobs you can also check this KBA.

1897163 - How to configure periodic import jobs in Change Request Management [VIDEO]

Hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187014
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your prompt replies.

We are looking at creating a new Maintenance Project and creating an daily import schedule to import any transports assigned to the new Maintenance Project (in the change document) into the Production system.

This is on the assumption that the Project has been assigned from the existing Maintenance Project to the new Maintenance Project by the Developer.

Gary B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

Just a quick guess / thought:

Check if it is possible to enhance the start or schedule condition for the actions following the status change.

If you can restrict the follwong action to only Category = Catalogue, then no other ZMHF/ ZMMJ/ ZMCR should be able to proceed.

Best Regards,

Jan