cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android4Work not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with Android4Work on my Samsung tablet running Android 5.1.1.

I configured an Android Group with one A4W passcode configuration and 3 Apps (1 simple optional Appstore App, 2 required A4W Enterprise Apps (Avira Antivirus and the device productivity App)).

Now I have several problems:

1. After the enrollment I get asked to install the Android4Work Application from Google Play Store, I thought this was just for Android 4 versions needed?

2. After configuring the A4W App with my User from the google Admin Portal I get the passcode restriction and three A4W Apps (Work camera, Work downloads and Work settings). BUT nothing else is deployed to my device, I can see the optional App in the Afaria App, but whether the Avira Antivirus nor the device productivity App which I have configured in Afaria is comming to my device.

3. My collegue enrolled his Nexus 9 with Android 6.0.1 and everything is working fine for him (He also needs not to install the Android4Work App from Google Playstore).

My Device details are:

Samsung  SM-T365

Could it be that my device is not 100% supported?

Thanks and best regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

https://www.google.com/work/android/features/devices.html

The list of all devices that support Android For Work is above and I have not found Samsung SM-T365 = Galaxy Tab Active LTE

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Michael,

In addition to the link that Mirco provided,I can shed a bit more light on issue.  It is likely that the device you are using is only partially supported.  Google does not provide a full list of all supported devices but we have seen a couple of cases where the container partially inflates but does not fully operate.  The device in question sounds like it is experiencing a similar issue.  Since it is prompting for the AFW client, I can tell that it is not a native AFW device. If this partial inflation occurs, the device is not fully supported even though Afaria shows the enrollment succeeded.

The following KBA may be of interest to you, as if provides steps for one test that can help pinpoint if the device is throwing an error. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2259298

I hope this helps,

Tracy

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Maybe its help.

About six months ago, I addressed similar issue to Google support  .

They told me that not all of devices are supported (june 2015)

Now Support

1.Nexus (Nexus 5, Nexus 6 - smartphones) (Nexus 7, Nexus 9, Nexus 10 - tablets)

2. Motorolla (Moto X 2014, Moto E - smartphones )

3. Dell Venue 10 5000 (tablet)

They also noted that soon will be supported these devices:

1. Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (smartphones)

2. HP (Pro State 8, Pro State12) - tablets

3. Dell Venue 10 7000, Dell Venue 8 7000

4. Sony Xperia Z3 (smartphone)