cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transit procedure for Domestic or EU sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing Customs Warehouse functionality in one of our European plants and we are struggling with sales of duty unpaind stock to our other EU and domestic plants. We need a transit procedure for that, but it seems that this is not standard triggered from SAP/ECC. We can manually create a transit in GTS,  however the duty paid stock does not seem to be deducted from GTS at all.

Can someone please explain what the standard process is in GTS for this transit process? Is there something that we did wrong?

Thanks,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lozanov-a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

few remarks if useful;

domestic sales are not necessarily duty unpaid as you

create release to free import declaration and pay

duties.

if you export, you have transit.

If you move between two EU plants and

they belong to the same license - customs id, I

believe you should be able to create a t1..

if the second plant is not under the same license, then

it is domestic sales.

i Am not sure how the system would manage it

if the two EU plants belong to different licenses - customs Id.

IS it your scenario?

let us know

hope it helps

assen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Assen,

Sorry for the delay.

The're are two scenarios we are delaing with:

1: Bonded shipments between our Spanish Plant and our Dutch plant, where both have a difference license.

2: Shipments of DUP stockto customers in Spain/EU that also have a bonded warehouse license.

As we do a lot of re-selling of imported materials to those customers and plant, we do not want to pay the duties and transport on T1.

Any thoughts?

Ed

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

You're not being very clear in your description or question here.  Are you talking about sales from the CWH to EU customers, where you only have duty-unpaid stock?  If so, that's known as "domestic issues" in GTS parlance.

There is no functionality to support shipping out of duty-unpaid stock inside the EU.  Instead, the system arranges duty payment for the stock, which is sent as duty-paid (free-circulation) stock to the EU customer.

If that's understood, and you need further help on the process, please let us know.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Yes, in that case I am referring to Domestic Issues.

Strange that GTS does not support the transit process for duty unpaid stock within EU. We actually have this scenario between two of our EU plants.

Can you explain how the standard process works in GTS when only duty unpaid stock is available? I assume the Post Goods issue will deduct the duty paid stock, but how is the duty unpaid stock moved to duty paid stock first?

Thanks,

Ed

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

I agree - it's something that really ought to be supported.  You could suggest it in the Idea Place.

The Goods Issue posting transfers to GTS automatically in the background.  At some point (usually overnight), you need to process the Domestic Issues (find that one in the "Background Processing" tab of the "System Monitoring" area).  That a program tries first to find duty-paid stock to satisfy the Goods Issues.  If it can, it reduces the DP stock quantity; if not, it tries to find duty-unpaid stock.  If it finds DUP stock, it creates an entry in the work-list "Domestic Goods Issues from Customs Warehouse", in the "Customs Warehouse" tab of the "Special Customs Procedures" area.

From the work-list, you create one or more Import Declarations to reduce the DUP stock and declare to the Customs Authority for duty payment.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave