cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection getting lost while importing 30mb jar file in ESR for Imported Archive

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

For our project we need to import an external jar file of 30MB and use it in an UDF. However, when we try to import the jar file the file loads but connection gets lost while saving the imported archive object. We are not sure what and where the parameter needs to be changed to allow ESR to upload, save and active the imported archive object.

Has someone encountered this issue earlier? If yes, appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Anand Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

As informed by Harish, please ask your basis team to deploy the jar file using JSPM or deployment controller.

It is not suggested to upload such a huge file through PI swing tool.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your response. Yes agree that swing tool is not advisible to load large jars. It would be of immense help if you could explain how I could use JSPM or deployment controller to upload large jars and associate/link it with the imported archive object. I basically want to make use of the jars in my message mapping UDF.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Anand

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Deploying these jar files, is similar to uploading your JDBC drivers. Ask your basis team, they would surely know it.

You can also refer to the below link for performing it -

Regards,

Nitin

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the info.

Any idea as to what sda to choose and what info to be added to the xml? As this needs to be used in the UDF. I am not sure whether deploying as part of the JDBC driver would be accessible in UDF.

Thanks,

Anand

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Once you upload your Jar files in the PI server, then you can use the same in your UDF. It is similar to the Custom adapter module files, once you upload them in your PI server, you can use the JNDI of the module in your channels.

Similarly in your case, once you upload the Jar files, you can use the library in your UDF.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

One more suggestion, You can deploy Jar using NWDS as well.

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin for your help. I was able to access the application/jars using java reflection from UDF and it works fine

Best Regards,

Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

It is difficult to load large data file via remote connection (citrix or vpn). The alternate options are

1. Provide the jar to basis to deploy on server

2. Edit the jar (with tools like rar and include only those class files which are required).

The second option is risky and needs more attendtion while editing the jar file.

regards,

Harish

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your answer. BASIS is not sure where it needs to be deployed for imported archive object. Any suggestions on how this could be deployed and linked to the imported archive object in ESR?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Anand