cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I know the process Type for Existing Process Chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

How can I know the Process type for existing process Chain?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Can you please specify what do you mean process type?

BI supports process types of the following categories:

·  General services

·  Load process and post processing processes

·  Data target administration processes and etc.

Do you mean these process types or anything else

regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

The some of Process Chains in Production System are not in the Development so what I want to do, I need to create them in the Development system manually bz I can't transport from Production to development. and it should be same in names Variant everything.

if I go to Process Chain in production and after I created the Start condition in Development I need to add the Chains from Process Type.

My question is how do I know the type of the Production Process Chains to do the same in Development.

Thank u

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

If I understand you correctly, to know the process types - header and block of each step in the process chain will give information about the required process type -

E.g. Load data, Indexes, DTP etc.

Now same will be available in process chain on left side so you can drag the same and have the similar process variants created in Dev system -

Basically all the process type options will be available - you just drill down on the required node and select the desired option.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot , now I knew how to do that, put one more question please, how can I use the same Variant which is in the (Production System ) in development system ? and its not there in the options ?

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Since you are creating the variants manually in Dev - you might not see it in list of options. In that case, you would have to create the variant manually - Along the option you will see another icon to create the variant - Select that and have the new variant created on similar lines as you have in your Production.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay got you but how can I see the Variant in Production I  know how to seee it but how to create one similer to it I don't know and I'm afraid if I do some changes in Production ? I have been asked the Variant should be same.,

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created it Thanks a lot for ur help, and please maybe I need some help more

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I would suggest before making any changes in Dev - please review the entire process chain in Production - understand what are the different process types in each step and how the variant in that step is defined - what are the filters criteria, selection condition etc. basically once you identify the required process type - when you select the same in Dev - you will have option inside that to give the required selection condition, filter etc. to have it similar to what you have in Prod.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Alok, really appreciate ur help

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex!

If your question is answered - please follow

Regards,

Alok