cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Studio: Create Time Hierarchy for Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I am trying to create a date/time hierarchy in SAP HANA Studio.

I have a graphical calculation view and have created a level hierarchy there:

I have an attribute "DateOfRegistration". Out of this I calculate 3 more attributes (Year, Month, Day), which are INTEGERS and I use them as levels.

But the problem is, that Lumira doesn't detect it as a time hierarchy (instead as a normal hierarchy). I want it like if you create a time hierarchy in Lumira.

I use SAP Lumira Desktop, version 1.29.2.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards

Fabian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alan_han
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Fabian,

What is the data type of "DateOfRegistration"?

Thanks,

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

thank you for your answer.

It's of type DATE and I use calculated columns to get Year, Month and Day with formulas like

component("DateOfRegistration",1), which in this example returns the year (INTEGER).

Then I manually created a level hierarchy in the Calculation View (see Semantics -> Hierarchy tab).

DateOfRegistration is detected as a date/time dimension by Lumira. But it's then on day level and I want it as a hierarchy of year, month and day.

Kind regards

Fabian

alan_han
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien,

Thanks for providing the information.

Can you please clarify what you meant by "on day level and I want it as a hierarchy of year, month and day."? As you mentioned the Year Month and Day are caculated with formulas, then DAY would be "1" if the date is "2016-01-01"? Do you then need the DAY to be another herarchy of year, month and day?

Thanks,

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

you can create a date/time hierarchy with "DateOfRegistration" in Lumira. But this only works if you download the dataset from HANA instead of connecting to HANA directly, because then Lumira doesn't allow manilpulation of data.

So you see, the option then is greyed out:

If you use DateOfRegistration without creating a hierarchy as Dimension so you have the dates (on day level) on x-Axis and looks like this in Lumira:

You can't drill down / drill up here.

So I want to provide a date/time hierarchy by default, so you don't have to create a date/time hierarchy in Lumira manually.

With my level hierachy you can drill down / drill up, but Lumira doesn't recognize that my YEAR, MONTH, DAY are date / time dimensions.

So you see on x-axis that Lumira doesn't replace the numbers with the month names (what Lumira does if you have a real date / time hierachy) and it doesn't add the missing months. Like January 2015 in this example. In addition if I choose "Line Chart for Date/Time Series" as diagram I can't select my year, month, day as x-axis.

I hope this clarify my problem.

Thank you,

Fabian.

alan_han
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Fabian,

Thanks for the clarification. It helps a lot for me to understand the issue.

Can you please check Lumira Desktop Install Guide, section 6.1 and see if it helps?

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum_129_install_en.pdf

Regards,

Alan

Answers (0)