cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.2 Universe on top of two(or more) Bex queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to ask if in BI 4.2 it is possible to create a universe on top of multiple Bex queries(at least two).

I have read about that in the link below but I still can not understand if I really can do that with more that one query.

Thank you!

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-67438

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe that is possible

For best performance, it is best to join the InfoProviders on the backend and not in the BEx query

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is that the queries are quite complex and have a lot of calculations and transformations. So, I would like to use directly the bex outcome.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check if it is possible to use merged dimension at webi queries at report level and display the data.

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BI4.2, one of the planned features (it's not GA released yet) is to build a universe (.unx) ontop of the BEx query using BICS olap connection. however, it supports 1 olap universe to1 bex query .

to confirm also: You can't 'multisource' this type of universe using data federation onthe BO side (that 'MSU' concept uses a relational SQL engine) .

as suggested above, you can merge the data providers at document level using webintelligence. where you chose direct connection to bex query or a universe ontop of bex query is up to you.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry!

My 'document level' will be Design Studio 1.6. Do you think it will be possible for me to merge them there ? I have read these actions are not possible there.

Thanks!
KR,

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having the same issue. I need to create multiple universes on BEX querys. and want to merge them in Design studio 1.6

Let me know if you found any solution.

Thanks,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I moved to Webi and will join the queries and produce the report there. Unfortunately a universe goes only with one query