cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No selection entries in S table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The clandestine table /1SAPAPO/S000***** does not have selection entries despite tons of valid selections - imported and locally created ones too.

Is there some secret program out there to write valid selection entries to this table ? The selections are used in tons of macros incl. Alert macros but the S table is blank (well contains some couple of defunct entries that are not a part of the universal set I am interested in)

Thanks

Lok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Selections in this table does not correspond to selection profiles you defined for your planning area.
These selections (with unique id) are created autimatically by the system, or you can create/manage them in /sapapo/sdp_sel.
There's no program that can generate selections here out of the selection profiles.

BR, Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada

That is contrapositive to another post where another platinum expert 🙂 mentions the selection Guids MUST exist in this S table for the alerts to saved.

A related question is why does the program READ_ALERTS_BATCH does not execute for an Alert Profile (SDP DB Macros) but alerts are indeed generated in the background. Also clicking on "Re-determine Alerts" in Alert Monitor shows the valid alerts for the same profile but that seems to run for donkeys hours. I expect "saved alert situations" to show the alerts generated and that does not happen. When I execute the program  /SAPAPO/READ_ALERTS_BATCH directly with the said profile manually, nothing SEEMS to happen. The program is done is 10 milli seconds and nothing is seen in saved alerts situation tab.

I did not quite understand how are things 'Avtomatic' without a program. 🙂

Thanks

Lok

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lok,

By saying "generated automatically" I mean they are created by jobs or operations (e.g. forecasting run). Actually users should not be aware of those selection IDs, because they're normally used internally by SAP program. You use /sapapo/sdp_sel only when necessary.

I do not want to put doubts on your expert's comment, because we're saying different things ...
But you must be aware that, not every selection can have a selection id generated during DP background processing (forecasting or alert generation). Whether a ID could be generated is based on the selection conditions and aggregation level you use for the background run.

This is really complicated actually. There're some notes to refer to. I suggest note 376383 and 329707.

BR, Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow. this is indeed very confusing. I have no clue now as to why

- I am unable to save alerts in the background

-From where does the Alert on alert monitor 'Fetch' the selection ID to load to SDP94 to so boldly pop up a message that selection cannot be loaded as it does not exist!

Would you call this a consulting issue or consultant issue ?  🙂

Sounds more complicated than Pierce Birkhoff conjecture.

I would stay from these notes and let others complicate it more such that SAP consults for free to my clients :-).

if you too are curious to know more I can send you a webex link.

Thanks

Lok

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lok,

When an alert is saved to DB, it saves to table /sapapo/am_alert.
For DP alerts, OBEJCT1 and 2 saves the planning book and dataview, OBJECT3 is the field that saves the selection ID. You can check the table to see if you have any entry for your planning book and data view, and check if there's any selection ID there.
If you see the selection ID, you can check if they're in /sapapo/sdp_sel.
We've encountered some cases that, customer does have selection ID in table /sapapo/am_alert, but the ID does not exist in /sapapo/sdp_sel, which is somehow kind of inconsistency.

If you want to know why the alerts cannot be generated in background, maybe we can check it for you via OSS incidents. We cannot say this is pure consulting, because their maybe some problem in the system ... Let us know if you need further help

BR, Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada,

We might open an OSS sometime soon once the main tasks are finished.

Somehow this alert related config. is very flimsy and very unSAPly. Most fields do not have F1 help. First important thing is F1 help for users and CONsultants. This will save a lot of effort on consulting notes. For God's sake please change the ugly screen labels. It can with very effort be labelled to mean something to a human of average cognitive abilities. Going into depth, self help and troubleshoot comes next..

Thanks

Lok

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lok,

Sorry not being aware of the "ugly screen lables"
You can refer to note 11 and raise your request there.

BR, Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will do that social service for corporations for free post my retirement. 🙂 Exclusively for SAP I need to set up a multi million dollar trust with willing philanthropists

For now please advise SAP to sell equipment with  unique internal and external part numbers and descriptions at the least of the building blocks of the programs.

Thanks

Lok

Answers (0)