Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP queries program group authorization

0 Kudos

Dear experts.

In our project, we have restricted few infosets(SQ02) with the program authorization group. So for a user to execute the query associated with that infoset, he needs access to S_PROGRAM.

Now, I need to find all the program authorization groups associated with infosets to maintain in the roles. Could you please let me know if we have any way to get this data.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Trilok K

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you already try to hit F1 on the field and follow the object navigator back to the tables behind it?

I suspect that it might have documentation on help.sap.com as well, although I never tried in this case. Not knowing what you have tried so far, I have not looked.

Assigning the infosets to authorization groups is a bit exotic - most use query groups and parameter transactions. Assigning them to logical databases with application objects checked is also less blunt -> more granular -> less queries and copies of them -> normally sufficient. And that only if users are using queries at all.

Cheers,

Julius

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although I'm not an expert (apologies for not fitting the desired respondent demographics here), I went to Google.com and typed in "how to find a report by authorization group site:sap.com". There were quite a few posts found with very interesting information. Only checked the top 10 posts, didn't even have to look at 9000+ others.

Did you search on Google before posting the question and did you not find any of that information helpful?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would need to tweak the search a little bit still into "How to... authorization groups for infosets". This will help to reduce the number of hits for Type 1 executable reports and home in on the assignment to the query where the infoset is assigned.

There are some interesting hits on report RSCSAUTH which covers both and explains why SAP moved the storage of the group assignments out of table TADIR and into a staging table...

I suspect that is what Trilok is looking for, but let's wait to see where Trilok got stuck or what the detailed question is about why infosets were worth mentioning.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thank you for your response.

Here is the screenshot from SQ02, the description of the infoset. Authorization group is not a field here and I was not able to navigate back to table with this.

I would like know in which table this infoset and authorization group are stored, else do we hava any way to debug this.

Thanks and regards

Trilok

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Trilok, you can't be seriously asking such questions here. Authorization group is a field in the Infoset attributes, it has F1 help with "Technical information" button. Have you opened the Infoset and looked at the different menus available for it?

Even if for some odd reason you cannot find it in SQ02, if you go to Google and type in "authorization group table site:sap.com" you will find numerous SCN posts. In similar way you can find the posts on how to debug or identify the tables in general, as well as have your many other questions answered.

Also there is likely someone in your team who is familiar with this and can help. We need to ask around first and do some research ourselves before asking questions on a global site like SCN.

Unless you have a very specific question that have not been discussed on SCN before, I'd have to alert the moderators of this post and recommend it to be removed per ROE due to insufficient search done by the author.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me it is just a question left for which route would be the fastest to find the table. Not finding the table can safely be excluded...

Lets wait for Trilok then and see who can get it down to under 3 seconds to find the table...  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried getting answer through google and other SCN threads, most of them were based on query user group not the authorization group of a infoset, Considering this was not been answered in other threads, I have posted it here. It would be great if you can me to the right place.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,

Trilok K

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can guarantee you that the information is there in google, but you will be much faster via F1 key and even faster by provoking the check to write a record into ST01 trace to be able to follow it back to it's variable and then the location of the value -> the table.

I don't want to be unsporting, so have a shot at it and lets see if there is a faster route than 3 seconds to get the information.

For example... as of 7.41 you can choose the where-used-list type in SU21 on the object. Go for ABAP references. You will find a central location where it is checked in some form routines. Choose the one with the name which sounds like a winner and the table is there. Depending on how well your system's indexes are tuned, you might get there in under 3 seconds.

Cheers,

Julius