cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploding Same BOM For several activities

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question if anyone can help me with it , my customer requirement is to explode the same BOM for multi activities under same WBS , is it possible? as every time I go to CN33 I get an information message that code should be unique and it doesn't explode so if any one face this befor please help

Regards,

Aya Raffat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reference points have to be unique within a PS Structure.  You cannot transfer a BOM item with a quantity of 1 and have it appear multiple times.  BOM transfer is to transfer just what's in the BOM.

0 Kudos

Dear Ken Melching,

please clarify what you mean by quantity of 1 and have it appear multiple time , so should i add quantity 2 to appear under 2 activities or what

Regards,

Aya

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A BOM line item can only map to a single Network Activity.  So if the BOM item is quantity 4 all 4 will transfer to the same Activity.

Multiple BOM items can transfer to a given Activity, so an Activity can receive multiple BOM items.

So if you want the same BOM item to go to different Activities you will need to create more BOM items, you just repeat the material in the BOM with different Reference Points.