cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench.

0 Kudos

Hi,Team.

I can't open SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench on trial account.

If open the URL below, it's blank screen.

https://s11hanaxs.hanatrial.ondemand.com/sap/hana/xs/ide/autologon/?a=s0015090084trial&p=hana&h=acco...

Could you tell me how to resolve step about this issue ?

I once deleted hana instance, but can't open workbench.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a same problem. SAP HANA Web IDE does not open. It shows tips popup and stop loading the main page.

The red Errors are here.

sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/1.36.10/resources/sap-ui-core.js:88 2016-08-12 13:16:52.709844 TypeError: Failed to execute 'serializeToString' on 'XMLSerializer': parameter 1 is not of type 'Node'. -  H @ sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/1.36.10/resources/sap-ui-core.js:88

sap-ui-core.js:71 GET https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/1.36.10/resources/sap/m/TimePicker.control 404 (Not Found)

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mahdi,

actually, I think your problem is a completely different one. The OP was having trouble opening the Web-based Development Workbench of an individual HANA instance.

It looks that you are having problems with the "SAP Web IDE" service. So all the replies in above thread do not apply to your problem.

Have you tried to empty your browser cache? What browser did you use?

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Yes I tried to make the browser cache empty, delete cookies and much more.

But the problem was related to layout editor.

I could just open it in Firefox as layout editor does not work in Firefox.

Then I deleted the latest project, and then I could load the Web IDE in Chrome again.

I think the have to put some menu inside of the cockpit to be able to delete projects from there. I don't know what was the problem of layout editor.

Thanks for your reply,

Mahdi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually as soon as I use layout editor I see one error that says:

Unhandled Error: Cannot read property '$' of undefined

And then it is not possible to load the web ide anymore.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience experienced in using the Trial WebIDE. The situation should be better now.

Best Regards,

~Dimitar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could not find the HANA web based development workbench in my trial account. can you please let me know where to find it.

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogendra,

On the HCP page, click on 'Database and Schema' on the left. I will show you your trial instance. Click on it > the next screen should show you the link to the Web Workbench.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I did as u suggested, still can not see the link.

Cédric_Hebert
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It should be right under where you cropped your screenshot

Also: the URL is something like: https://s11hamaxs/hanatrial.ondemand.com/sap/hana/ide/editor , compare to your path where you had /sap/hana/xs/ide/autologon

If this still does not help, have a look at the error message when the blank page is being returned (use the developer tools to check that, I have a 403 forbidden reply on your URL, see below)

Hope this helps

Cédric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for taking time out, but unfortunately there is nothing like development tool appearing in my trial account.

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Yogendra,

you created the instance with the wrong type. "HANA (<shared>)" can only be used as plain database (for Java applications).

You need to create the instance either with "HANA XS (<shared>)" or "HANA MDC (<trial>)" to use the Web-based development for XS applications.

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks a lot. It came now.

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yogendra,

I would strongly advice you to create a HANA MDC instance. It is like your own productive instance with SYSTEM user and all privileges.

The HANA XS on the other hand has very limited authorizations and can be a little confusing with the DEV_ and NEO_ schemas for developement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for your help and advice. I really appreciate this advice because this was something I dint even posted and still you took time out to advice. Thanks again, I will change it to MDC and also will try to explore more about different Databases and Schemas offered by HCP.

Cheers 

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems s10instance has performance problem...the web IDE for it doesn't work....

ReinerE
Explorer
0 Kudos

Short happiness yesterday where the workbench worked. Today again not able to start the workbench.

Not good for preparing a customer demo with SAP IoT... Sorry till now I would not order or use that in productive case.

Cédric_Hebert
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HCP victim of its success?

Since it's a trial account, it's fine for playing around, but I would not use it for a major demo.

Or I'd do a demo recording, just in case it stops working at the wrong time...

ReinerE
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also problems to open the workbench on my trial hana plattform to my project:

https://s10hanaxs.hanatrial.ondemand.com/sap/hana/xs/ide/autologon/?a=s0015387456trial&p=iotinstance...

BR

Reiner

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doesn't work for me either...maybe it is a temporary glitch with the system. We may have to wait it out

former_member187729
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomohiro,

problem is solved. You should be able to access both your XS app and WebIDE.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

best regards

Stoyan

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stoyan,

We have a problem with the "s10hanaxs" instance as well

Do you think this will be resolved soon?

Benedict

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also facing the same problem with my trial account since last week. It's hard to open the workbench editor and catalog.

Instead, I connect eclipse to HCP to work with the code and database.

sandeep_mekala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is it working fine with eclipse.

Cédric_Hebert
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I confirm that it works with Eclipse, at least I could recover my code through this channel. Still my apps refuse to start - quite inconvenient.

Eventually this will have to be fixed, in the meantime I'll look at other HANA platforms for continuing the work.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it works with Eclipse. You can open the code and catalog easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good luck. You can try the platform SAP Web IDE and see if it works.

sandeep_mekala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yeah, I am also facing the same issue with my trail account. When it will resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the same situation on my trial account, it worked well before but now I can not access the "Web-based Development Workbench", the loading hang! (on Chrome or Firefox) and sometimes when it works, and the page opens you can do nothing (I do not think using the MDC changes anything).

https://s9hanaxs.hanatrial.ondemand.com/sap/hana/xs/ide/autologon/?a=i051548trial&p=myhanaxs&h=accou...

I am open to any ideas to solve this issue.

Best Regards,

Laurent

Cédric_Hebert
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I concur. This looks like a general issue (I first got the problem last week, I hoped it would disappear but it does not seem to be the case). More details here: 

former_member187729
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

problem is solved. You should be able to access WebIDE now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

best regards

Stoyan

0 Kudos

Hana version is 1.00.102.03.1449674847.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try again. I too faced a brief time period when it was not working and then it started working again.

BTW: Do try the new MDC (multi-database container) option. This gives you a database with full control, including SYSTEM user.

Regards,

Dinu

0 Kudos

Hi Dinu,

Thank you for reply.

I'll confirm my trail environment.