cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ques Reg Upgrade from PI 7.1 to PO

0 Kudos

Kindly help me with the below Q's..

1.       HOW LONG does it takes to do an upgrade?

2.       How to handle the CUTOVERPLAN/ACTIVITIES in production?  What will down time

3.       Using inplace upgrade, How do we MOVE/MIGRATE the PI content?  How exactly it is done..

4.       What are TYPICAL CHALLENGES that we would be encountering upgrade.

Regards

SPK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi,

Point 1 and 2 completely depends upon the number of interfaces and type of interfaces you have.

For point 3, as you are moving from dual stack to single stack, you need to migrate the interfaces by having a new installation of SAP PO system.

ESR objects can be migrated by File transport method and ID objects can be directly migrated using the Migration toolkit.

For point 4, typical challenges would be if you ccBPMs, which needs to be re-built into NWBPMs, java mapping and UDFs may not work because of unsupported libraries etc.

Regards,

Nitin

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kharti,

As Raghuraman said the time depends about the number of interfaces, number of ccBPMS, own java development in mapping or modules, to change scenarios because you have new modules and enhancements to use, and so on.

From my own experience you should do a blueprint of your system, pointing different levels of difficulty, i decide to have three levels: 1. No modifications only to change the Integration Directory classical configuration to ICOs. 2. Easier modifications. to change java UDFs, to use new adapter modules instead of own development,  IDOC to IDOC_AAE, FTPS to SFTP and so on. 3. Difficult modifications, to change ccBPMs, complex java mappings or adapter modules, to change whole scenario design, critical interfaces and so on. You migrate one scenario per type and later you can calculate the time better.

Respecting your third question, check this document http://a248.g.akamai.net/n/248/420835/6e92af29b2a6052f8c5d7f0b3424188594aa9b5a27d212031abaddb21af8dc...

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi,

Time taken will depend on number of interfaces you have.Already many discussions have take place regarding the same,Refer the below links