Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using onSelect events in Crosstabs

alexdc12
Participant
0 Kudos

Morning all

I have a question around onselect events in CrossTabs.

Whenever I select the first column my events don't work properly, in the screenshot I have to click on the 4th column to get the desired results?

I have always had this problem and am wondering if I am doing something wrong?

The aim here is to show a list of sales opportunities, clicking on the opportunity ID would then forward the user to the CRM system to see the Opportunity in its entirety, Clicking on any the first 3 columns returns (ALL_MEMBERS) for selected Opportunity ID.

Notice that in the crosstab the first 3 columns seem to be joined together and its only the 4th column that seems to be in its own group.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I think it depends on what type of selection type you chose for your crosstab.

If Data Cell is selected then only starting with 4th column your "Data" area defined. But if you change to Single or Multi then you can use following functions:

• getSelectedMember(dimension)

Returns the member that is contained in the current selection of the crosstab.

• getSelectedMembers(dimension)

Returns the members that are contained in the current selection of the crosstab.

• getSelection()

Returns the selection.

Regards,

Bogdan

alexdc12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan

I already have Single selected

var opp = CROSSTAB_1.getSelectedMember("0DOC_NUMBER").internalKey;

If I click on data in column 1, 2 or 3 opp = (ALL_MEMBERS)

If I click on column 4 I will get the document number which is what I want.

Any more ideas? Something doesn't seem right to me

alexdc12
Participant
0 Kudos

It seems changing the selection type to Multi has the desired effect. I would have though that multi meant multiple rows/columns could be selected??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

If you have only one Dimension, then Single makes sense, But when you have multiple dimensions, then the selection will be hierarchical so Multi should be your choice, yes.

Regards,

Bogdan

Answers (0)