cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP webdynpro viewdesigner is not working properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it shows me the UI element binding instead of icons. It is not rendering any icons on layout.

I have checked all the services related to ABAP WD and those are activated also. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved.

Solution ->

The following KBA describes how to change the theme for WD Abap

application:

#2086049 - Change the theme for Web Dynpro ABAP

RESET the parameters.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Try following below steps:

1) Goto path C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and look for file named "hosts".

2) Open that file in notepad.

3) Append your application server's IP as well as full qualified domain name for your server.

For example: 127.0.0.0     xyz.abc.com (Add this in the end)

4) Save it and try opening view designer. It should work.

Let me know whether this helps resolving your issue or not.

Regards,

Harsh

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

which Internet Explorer version are you running? Is there may be the compatibility view mode/ enterprise mode enabled on IE side? Additionally please check the rendering mode of the system in the wd_global_settings application. A situation like this may occur if the system is set to render in HTML standards mode - but the browser is not capable of rendering in standards mode.

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is at the back end and it is not related to IE version. There is some problem with SE80-layout. It is not displaying the UI elements.

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

the backend view designer is as well rendered using the Internet Explorer of your system - thus if you already getting some data - this means the HTTP communication works - but the display is off. And as mentioned before I've seen similar layout's even in running applications in case the standards rendering mode was not working properly.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have upgraded the system from ECC 6.0 enhP3 to enhP7. And same is working in old system.

there are no issues with rendering on IE as well as in the backend layout designer.

Ideally, it should work work in new system also.

0 Kudos

Would you please mind checking the value for the parameter (WDPREFERREDRENDERING) in Web Dynpro application wd_global_parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PFA

0 Kudos

Looks ok - could you as well give me please the version of installed component SAP_UI in your system (including SP level)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PFA.

0 Kudos

Indeed a quite strange behaviour - unfortunately the only viable option here seems to be to open a message with SAP to get an investigation on this specific system.

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

have you checked all services are activated?

Active Services in SICF - Developing, Configuring, and Adapting Applications - SAP Library

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Marcel. I have already checked all the servcies and all are active only.