cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Screen Personas 2.0 Apps still work after upgrade to SSP 3.0 without Migration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellows,

we have several applications running in house developed based on Screen Personas 2.0 SP2.

If we make an upgrade from V2.0 to V3.0, will the current apllications still work fine before we finish the application migration?

Thanks

TC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Personas 2 and Personas 3 co-exist quite happily alongside each other. Your Personas 3 installation should not affect your Personas 2 developments at all. Of course you should test to make sure, but mine are still running unchanged alongside their migrated Personas 3 equivalents.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve, thanks for your reply.

I am not familiar with BASIS things. Our BASIS Team told me that if I want to have the Personas 3, it would be an "Upgrade of current Personas 2", instead of making a new Installation of Personas 3. Is that so? 

"Upgrade of current Personas 2" sounds for me that Features of Personas 2 will be NOT available any more.

By the way, do you recommand for Personas 3 SP1 or SP2? Is SP2 a stable Version?

Thanks in advance.

TC

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not an upgrade. Installing the Personas 3 add-in does not affect your existing Personas 2 installation. All of your Personas 2 developments should continue to run as before. Mine do. You can continue to support and even develop in Personas 2 if you wish - it really isn't affected at all by the installation of Personas 3.

You can take as long as you need to migrate or re-develop your flavours in Personas 3, and can even run Personas 2 flavours and their Personas 3 equivalents at the same time.

There is a separate process to remove Personas 2 from your system once you no longer need it. Until you do that, though, Personas 2 will continue running as it does now, unaware of the existence of Personas 3.

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Personas 2.0 apps will be available in Personas 3.0 only thru migration or you have to build it from scratch in Personas 3.0. But as Steve said, both Personas 2.0 and 3.0 can run in parallel in your system.

Regards,

Mohan