cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate data from another erp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working as a basis consultant. But till now i didn't part of a Migration project. Now the time has come. Now our functional team wants to migrate the data from another ERP to SAP. Functional team is asking to us (Basis consultants) only to do this. What all are the necessary steps to do the migration? How to do further ?

Can anyone help me in this matter ? I searched in scn , but i could find only the methodology. Please help me in this critical situation ...

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member230159
Contributor
0 Kudos

please have look at SAP note 82478 - SAP system OS/DB migration .

hope this helps..

best regards,

Manjunath Hanmantgad

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

As Juan Reyes says migrating data from legacy systems to SAP is not BASIS team job.

Functional consultants must do this with the help of key users.

Usually batch input or ecatt tools are used. They could use custom programs also.

You only need to keep system online, monitor your systems during upload of data.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Migrating data is not a SAP Basis task, this needs to be done by a specialized team.

Data in source system needs to cleaned, mapped, exported and imported into SAP in a controlled manner. This is a full project on its own and require a full data team.

From the SAP Basis point of view your involvement should be limited to facilitate the tools to complete their tasks.

Regards, Juan