cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about SAP HANA System Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm having issue to configure System Replication to use secondary site DEV/QAS (mentioned in How to perform System Replication guide pg. 13).

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9049e009-b717-3110-ccbd-e14c277d8...

Let say I have following landscape:

1. PRD01

host PRD01

Instance number : 01

Single Container

2. PRD02

host  PRD02

Single Container

3. DEV01

host DEV01

Multi Container (MDC): SYSTEM, DEV/QAS and PRD01 (to be, do I need to create this manually?)

While both PRD01 and PRD02 has been configured System Replication (SYNC),

now I want to configure PRD01 to DEV01 using System Replication, how I can initiate this system replication?

Do I need to create another Database Schema in DEV01 on top of DEV/QAS? currently I have SYSTEM and DEV DB Schema.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

If I am correct what you are trying to do is replicate from a single DB to a Tenant Db

in a multi tenant db set up if this is what you are trying to do it is not possible

please refer to the SAP Admin guide  section 5.1.3.1.7 SAP HANA System Replication with Multitenant Database Containers

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Administration_Guide_en.pdf

KR

Dermot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dermot,

Thanks for the info.

if that were the case can we install one Single container and MDC within the same HANA box?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can

BR

Dermot

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, Dermot.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your instance, you already have PRD01 replicating to PRD02. You cannot then replicate PRD01 again to DEV01 because it is already replicating to PRD02.

What you can do is replicate PRD02 to DEV01.

I hope this answers your question?

KR
Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

My question is still not answered, how to setup the system replication in DEV01 in this case since I only have SYSTEM and DEV/QAS DB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ura.

If I understood correctly:

I also think that since you already have PRD01 in sync mode, you can that sync again and simultaneously to another system.

What is the purpose of having a second PRD01 in your DEV Landscape? Is for testing / development with real data? Is for having a second recovery point?

You can always create a new instance in DEV landscape and do backup / recover of PRD01 whenever you want / need.

Regards.

Osvaldo Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo,

it's for Disaster Recovery (DR) purpose, so if both PRD01 and PRD02 failed to function then DEV01 can take their place for awhile, until PRD01 and PRD02 is up again.

Do you think it's possible to do so?

Thank you