cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please explain whole scenario step by step, SRM ->PI->ECC for new client...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an existing scenario SRM system to ECC system Via PI Single stack-> Proxy to IDoc. Client is 300. Pre-Production system.

Now new requirement, User wants a new training system which is used for user training in the same environment pre-prod itself with new client 320 for both SRM and ECC systems.

Now the issue is how to make the new configurations in PI with out disturbing the existing scenario client 300.

what are the settings we need to follow in SRM system and ECC system.

Can anyone please explain whole scenario step by step...

My plan is like,

creating 2 new BS in SLD.

creating new flow.

creating new client 320 in PI.

Thanks in advance

Ramu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramu,

Your SRM consultant must repeat the configuration done for client 300, now for client 320.

From PI end, you must create new Business system for 320 client of SRM system and new iflow needs to be created.

In the new iFlow you can use the same Outbound/Inbound interfaces, Sender/Receiver communication channel, Operation mapping etc.

Hence only one Business system need to be created and the respective iFlow for the same.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Deshpande,

SRM consultant must repeat the configuration done for client 300, now for client 320.

SRM consultant repeated the config for client 320 for SRM side requirement but, he has no idea whether he needs to do any extra configurations to connect with PI.

Hence only one Business system need to be created and the respective iFlow for the same.

To the above mentioned point by you I got a doubt, as both SRM and ECC are newly configured with client 320, is single BS is enough.

Please advise.

Thanks in Advance

Rame

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramu,

You meant to say, even the target ECC system client number is changing? I thought only the SRM system client is being added.

As both the systems are different now, then you need to have 2 Business systems created in SLD and you need to register the technical system in SLD.

Please find the below blog for registering the technical systems in SLD -

Also you need to create new RFC destination pointing to new client ECC system. And also you need to configure the SLDAPICUST configuration such that business system will be picked up correctly from SLD.

Same design objects created in ESR can be used in the new iFlow.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lots Deshpande,

I am somewhat clear right now, if any issues while doing, i will get back to you. until then pls follow this thread thanks alot again.

Regards,

Ramu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Deshpande for asking you again and again many things,

since beginning of my career  i am in support project itself so, got too many questions,

I am about to start the scenario,

First step is creating two BS in SLD,

while creating BS for SRM system

1. Select the type of technical system that this business system is associated with

ASJAVA?

2.Select the technical system for the business system

PI Preprod SID on host name?

3.Enter the business system name

giving a new BS name

4.Select the role of this business system; if it is an application system, specify the integration server.

what would be the BS role is it APlication system or integration server.

while creating BS for ECC system

1. Select the type of technical system that this business system is associated with

ASABAP?

2.Select the technical system for the business system

SYSTEM: PI Preprod SID on host name? or ECC system SID?

Client: ?

3.Enter the business system name

giving a new BS name

4 installed software

check all the boxes

4.Select the role of this business system; if it is an application system, specify the integration server.

what would be the BS role is it APlication system or integration server.

In ECC system SM59 and creating RFC destination

is there any blog or helpfull suggestion for pointing to new client ECC system

IN SRM system by using T.CODE SLDAPICUST need to configure the such that business system will be picked up correctly from SLD.

is there any blog or helpfull suggestion to configure the such that business system will be picked up correctly from SLD.

Sorry to ask you again and again all these quiries, help me out as it is an urgent CR to be delivered tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

Ramu

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramu,

Please repeat the steps as done for your previous clients. The system is same and only the client is changed. Hence everything else remains same.

So the Technical system of SRM and ECC system of new client must look exactly similar to the old Technical systems.

It is the same with RFC destination too.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Nitin,

Now this is under testing phase,

RFC Destination not been configured for the new client.

Basis team suggested that RFC destination is not required as PI Pre-Production system doesn't have this new 320 client and the existing RFC destination with 300 client is enough.

Is it okay to go with Basis team?

Thanks and Regards,

Ramu.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it is not fine. You need to give client number in the RFC destination, hence Basis team must create a new RFC destination giving the client number as 320.

What they mean by PI pre-production system does not have client 320? Client 320 business system has been created in PI system right? PI must know this new client 320 system.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

In PI we have configured RFC destination for both SRM and ECC systems for new client 320.

when i pinged the destination for both systems,It shows successfully connected.

when we asked to configure the RFC destination to connect to PI, Basis team said as, the PI system is only comes under 300 client not 320 so, it doesn't require to configure RFC destination as the existing destination is enough.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramu,

If i understand correctly, you are talking about new client for SAP PI system? If yes, then it is not necessary to have another client for PI system to connect the new ECC and SRM systems. You can use the same PI client to connect the new systems.

Apologies for not understanding correctly at before.

Regards,

Nitin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramu,

• Both ECC and SRM systems to connect SLD (do the configuration in RZ70, SLDAPICUST,SM59)
  • Register both technical systems in SLD
  • Create two business systems in SLD and import them into directory.
  • Use copy configuration to create the new configuration for client 320.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen for your swift response.

Could you please let me know what are the configuration in RZ70, SLDAPICUST,SM59 we need to do.

How to register these technical systems in SLD.

And the remaining two points which you have mentioned are clear for me.

Thanks in advance.

Ramu