Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.4 to PO 7.4

priyanka_desai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

We are looking for SAP B2Baddon's to integrate with our vendor EDI applications .

Presently we are on PI 7.4 . We don't have SAP B2Baddon with PI 7.4 .

I have few queries like :

1. PI 7.4 with SAP B2BAddon = PO 7.4 - BPM - BRM . Is it correct ? I assume that we will get separate license for BPM and BRM with PO 7.4 .

2. What would be the best approach to move from PI 7.4 to PO 7.4(to get SAP B2Baddon functionality) ? Migration or upgrade ?

3. How much efforts for the best approach in months? Considering 10 interfaces already in production environment .

4. Risk involved in the best approach ?

cheers -

Priyanka .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

1. B2B Add-on is just an additional add-on installation irrespective of whether it's PI 7.4 or PO 7.4. It is available since PI 7.11 SP8. Therefore PI 7.4 with B2B add on IS NOT PO 7.4. Refer below for more details.

2. You don't need to migrate or upgrade your PI 7.4 system. You just need to get Basis to install the Add on accordingly. Refer to the following:-

3. Are the existing interfaces in production using a different EDI solution, i.e. Seeburger? If yes, note that Seeburger and B2B Add on are different solution and there is no migration tool provided. The interfaces needs to be developed from scratch again.

Rgds

Eng Swee

priyanka_desai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee Yeoh ,

As per my understanding licensing of PI 7.4 is different from PO 7.4 . The cost of B2BAddon is covered in PO 7.4 while licensing of PI 7.4 is minus B2Baddon minus BPM and BRM .

Am I correct ?

cheers ,

Priya

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

Yes, B2B add on license is included in PO as of Sep 2014.

In general, SAP licensing is a very customer-specific issue and I'd suggest that you (or someone from your organization) speak to your SAP account manager on that. It would be very hard for anyone to advise you on further license-specific issues on a technical forum such as this.

Rgds

Eng Swee

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Priyanka,

You have a necessity of using B2B add-on in your current scenario? As you are already on dual-stack system (PI 7.4), check with the client if they are ready to shell out money for migration of the existing interfaces to PO 7.4 system and then start using the functionality of B2B add-on.

According to me, just to use the B2B add-on, going for an upgrade is not suggested. You can use the B2B add-on with some extra cost for license from SAP and i don't think so it will be huge money as that of SAP PO 7.4 system.

Decision depends on your discussion with your client.

Regards,

Nitin

priyanka_desai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin ,

We are on PI 7.4 single stack . As per my understanding cost of B2Baddon is closure to the cost of upgrading license of PI 7.31 to PO 7.4 .

Cheers ,

Priya

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Priyanka it will be almost same.But i would suggest you go with PI 7.4 as B2B can be installed irrespective of PI/PO.

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Did you not follow the response of Eng Swe Yeoh.

B2B add on is just an add-on since SAP PI 7.11 SP8, so since then SAP PI 7.31 dual stack or single stack and SAP PI 7.4 dual stack or single stack or SAP PO any thing you install there is no cost of LICENSE for B2B add-on. It doesn't cost you anything.

So upgrading PI 7.3 and PI 7.4 will cost you. No cost for B2B add-on.

Rwgards,

Vikas

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vikas, that is not necessarily true. B2B add on does come with license cost if your existing PI system was licensed prior to Sep 2014.

Priya,

As I mentioned above, please check these licensing issue with your SAP account manager. You are asking this in the wrong place and can be getting the wrong advice. Licensing is a very business related issue which involves discounts, credits, commission, etc which is very customer specific. Ask your SAP account manager to provide the cost for the different options.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. PI 7.4 with SAP B2BAddon = PO 7.4 - BPM - BRM . Is it correct ? I assume that we will get separate license for BPM and BRM with PO 7.4 .

SAP PO 7.4 will have BPM and BRM in single SID. No separate license. All in one.

2. What would be the best approach to move from PI 7.4 to PO 7.4(to get SAP B2Baddon functionality) ? Migration or upgrade ?

Migration should help you. Anyways if you have CCBPM scenarios upgrade is needed.

Any specific reason for moving to singe stack/

3. How much efforts for the best approach in months? Considering 10 interfaces already in production environment .

Since only 10 interfaces are there it should not take much time.

4. Risk involved in the best approach ?

No Risk.

You can refer below links for more details

http://scn.sap.com/community/process-orchestration/blog/2015/04/28/13-reasons-to-migrate-from-sap-pi...

http://a248.g.akamai.net/n/248/420835/6e92af29b2a6052f8c5d7f0b3424188594aa9b5a27d212031abaddb21af8dc...