Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Track Error - Wrong Name Server

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am currently experiencing a problem while creating a new track using CMS. The error is as follows:

com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSUnexpectedException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSExceptionMessages', ID='SLD name-server configuration error', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key SLD name-server configuration error

After searching through SND, I noticed many people suggesting to make sure there is only one name server running - confirmed. So I turned on a more detailed trace and this is what I find interesting:

Create Name Server URL

Name Server Partition: null

-> entering readNameServer

+++++++++++++++++++++++++ Input values +++++++++++++++++++++++++#

Name Server Partition: null

-

UME DEBUG TRACES HERE -

<b>

<u>#Debug##Plain### Nameserver URL: http://<hostname>:<port>/sld/cimom#</u></b>;

This last line is particularly eye catching because this URL refers to a prior name server that has since been replaced. This server is now only acting as SLD but not a name server. So somewhere the old server is still stored and being retrieved when attempting to create tracks. This would explain why I am experiencing the error because the name server has been moved to another host.

Can anyone tell me where I can find this entry and change it to refer to the new name server?

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the CIM Server URL in your SLD Technical Landscape, Technical System Type "System Landscape Directory". Make sure that your SLD servers are listed there and check which one has the Name Server checkbox checked.

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for you help, I have checked both servers and the entries are:

- on the New Name Server, it is checked as Landscape Server and Name Server, CIM Server URL is correctly pointing to itself and the Object Server has our namespace

- on the Old Name Server, it is checked as Landscape Server only, SIM Server URL is pointing to the new Name Server, and the Object Server has our namespace

I believe these are correct entrie. Correct me if I am wrong.

As well, when trying to create track, the URLs are correct.

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Did you perform an Update CMS in the CMS Landscape Configurator? Also, make sure to OMIT /sld/cimom from the CIM Server URLs. This is incorrectly documented in the Help popup!

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

The track creation error occurs when the sld server and the CMS server are two different servers. So as per your problem, the name reservation conflict exists and hence you can do the following steps:

1) login to the SLD page of your server with the admin credentials

2) Select option Development-Name REservation

3) Click on namespace pefixes

4) Define Namespace prefix

5) Find out there whether your corresponding sldserver name is getting refelected

6) If not you have to add the same

Regards

Prema Sathyanarayanan

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Appreciate you help. I have tried removing the /sld/cimom postfix but it is still giving me the error noted above.

As for name reservations, those have been setup already.

I would like to mention that previously, everything within CMS worked. Then as my co-worker attempted something recently, he obtained the errors.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you execute an Update CMS after making the SLD modifications? You should always do this in case you make changes in the SLD that might be used by NWDI.

Also, the update of the Name Server Configuration only runs every (half an?) hour. So, it could also be that you just have to wait a while.

You can check the Name Server Configuration here:

http://<hostname>:<port>/dtr/system-tools/administration/NameServerConfiguration

You should be seeing the correct URL there (without /sld/cimom).

Message was edited by:

Pascal Willemsen

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that Update CMS also gives the SLD name-server configuration error. But let me wait an hour to see if name server updates properly after some changes.

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

were ayou ever able to get rid of thgis error.

If yes can you please share the solution

thx,

gautham

Message was edited by:

Guatham Kasireddy

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

We were able to fix the issue by restoring a previous copy. Seems like there was a corruption within SLD.

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friend

i am getting the error while creating the new track. In CMS> landscape configuration, getting error while click on Update CMS. and error again while saving the Domain Date. i am new in NWDI and trying ti configure first time , i am following the PDF get starting with NWDI.

i created the software component in SLD and other like. name server config..

and created all thing in user mgmt.

please suggest me the needful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have experienced the same error ....

In my system we have defined another SLD under ...Technical Landscape > System Landscape Directory and in both I have defined roles Landscape Server and also Name Server.

After chnaging the situation to the state that we have just by one of systems checked role Name server it starts working again...

Ivan