cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding SAP MDM Module

0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

My name is Rohit,

I am MCS (Computer Science) technical degree holder.

I have some questions regarding SAP modules.

My area of interest is SAP ABAP Technical module & also have completed SAP ABAP course from local institute.

initially i was searching for SAP ABAP jobs but i didn't get it,

luckly now i joined domestic firm as a SAP MDM (Master Data Management) consultant.

Is SAP MDM is Technical or Functional module or both?

i have searched on internet, it's showing both (Technical & Functional) module.

What is the scope of SAP MDM in future?

Is there any certification / Course for SAP MDM?

Some people say SAP MDM is only End user type of job,

Everything is structured & you have to just upload data into SAP system perfectly.

There is no much scope for SAP MDM.

As compare to other SAP modules it is less salary paid.

I have chance to move from SAP MDM to SAP ABAP in my current company.

Please help me to get right decision about SAP modules.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

SAP MDM is a product (tool) from SAP for data management.

SAP MDM has very less to no scope these days.

SAP MDM is primarily data modeling.

It consists of 4 main parts:

MDM console: Data modeling and admin related work

Data manager: Creating workflows, validations and assignment (used for data entry by end users).\

Syndicator: Used to create syndication maps (mapping for MDM and non MDM systems) for data transmission

Import manager: As the name suggests, to import data from different source systems to MDM

SAP has stopped providing MDM certifications ( as per my knowledge).

SAP MDM is getting replaced by SAP MDG(Master data governance) these days.

But I would strongly suggest if you are certified ABAP consultant then stick to ABAP as MDM has very less scope as compared to ABAP.

Regards,

Rohini.

0 Kudos

hi Rohit,

To my knowledge, SAP MDM  which is a part of SAP Netweaver is a functional stream.Here there is no coding involved so functional team only works on development in SAP MDM. MDM is more than any ETL tool.Its a complete  database hub acting as a single source of truth for other systems connected to it.

Regarding future scope, SAP has already declared that they are going to support SAP MDM only till 2020.As Marcus mentioned MDG is a better option compared to MDM in future.

Regards,

Kulbhushan

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

within the discipline of master data management, I'd say that SAP NetWeaver MDM is rather a toolbox, while (ABAB-based) SAP Master Data Governance has more the nature of an application with pre-build process and business logic for consolidation (as of release MDG 8.0) and central governance of master data (incl. SAP and non-SAP systems). Please check the related SCN sites for details.

Generally, the topic of master data management and information governance has been important for analytics and business processes ever since it came up years ago, but in times of Internet of Things, Big Data and digital transformation in general, it has even gained more importance today. More and more organizations are become aware that digitization requires a solid information base.

Best, Markus

0 Kudos

Thanks Markus...