cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between @Prompt function

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see the different parameter values in generated sql of my existing report. Can please tell me about highlighted parameter.

Report level prompt sql query:

BANK.LOCAL_ACC_NO  IN  @prompt('Enter Account Number for selected Account Group:','A','Accounts\Account Number',Multi,Free,Not_Persistent,,User:2,optional)

AND  ( USGR.USER_ID= @variable('BOUSER') )

Universe level prompt sql query:

( ERUDBO.GRUP.GROUP_CODE ) In

@Prompt('Enter values for Account Group:','A','Accounts\Account Group',mono,Constrained,not_persistent,)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanvi,

This prompt syntax will not parse correctly in designer anymore for XI3.1 and BI4.x

https://i7p.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1378449

The prompts will be ordered in Webi alphabetically according to the text, as a workaround user can use the A, B, C , D... as prefix for the prompt texts to get the required order.

Kind Regards,

Rabeb

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

User:0,User:1 parameters are used to define the order of prompts display.Display of prompt order is depend on this.

If you create any prompt at webi query level then it will come as default. according to the prompt sequence in webi you can see the user:0,1,2 in the SQL.

If you want to change the order of prompt then in webi query properties you can change the oder and same will reflect in the webi query sql.

Amit