Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping of ERP Whn with EWM Whn

former_member230393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello EWM Experts

I can see that mapping of ERP intermediate Whn with EWM Whn can be done in both of the systems ,but I am not sure whether we have to do mapping in both of systems or just anyone system.

Below are the IMG paths--

ERP: SPRO>Integration with other mySAP.com Components>EWM>Assign Warehouse Number to Warehouse Number of Decentralized SCM System.

EWM: SPRO>EWM>ERP Integration>General Settings>Map Warehouse Numbers from ERP System to EWM.

Thanks

Akhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"ERP: SPRO>Integration with other mySAP.com Components>EWM>Assign Warehouse Number to Warehouse Number of Decentralized SCM System."

This part is not technically necessary for deliveries or any communication actually. It is only be used in the CIF - but it is very recommendable, as it reduces the quantity of data transfered.

For details how this works, see this document:

Details are described somewhere in the middle, around picture 5.

The other mapping is absolutely necessary.

Brgds

Juergen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would required to maintain in both systems.

In ECC , to send the deliveries in to EWM with reference to plant,sloc& whn combination.

In EWM , we can map the WHNs along with the business system, since deliveries can process with reference to business system only.

C K REDDY

former_member230393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello C K

Thanks ! But I had maintained the mapping in EWM only and still it was working fine and deliveries getting distributed to EWM.

Akhil

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here your deliveries are distributed to EWM through distribution model.but the connectivity from ECC is to maintain with mapping of the WHN only.

Did you complete the delivery processing including putaway?.or only looking into delivery distribution.

With the WHN connectivity , we can use WHN specific parameters...like batch management, serial numbers etc..

C K REDDY