Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security restriction in transaction /OPT/VIM_WP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you know if it is possible to stablish a security restriction (for example by company code or other) in transaction /OPT/VIM_WP?

Currently you can see invoices of other company codes in the same environment.

Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaby

For OpenText you might need to run a trace. There are a few VIM objects to restrict but not sure which apply.

The VIM Workplace transaction is more of a cockpit and has the items appear for you based on the Chart of Authority setup and work centre assignments (less about standard SAP authorisations and PFCG roles). Although, it seems like you can switch team inboxes or other members. If you drill into a document I think the FB03 type authorisations come into play

I do recall running ST05 trace for SQL and coming across an OpenText/VIM configuration table which had some paramters. I never got a chance to test if any of these would limit access

Suggest you run STAUTHTRACE to see what is picked up.

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Hi Gaby,

For enabling the restriction in VIM t-codes, first you need to activate the VIM authorization model.

When you activate the model, you will be able to see authorization objects linked to the VIM t-codes in USOBT & USOBX tables.

Have you already activated the model?

Regards,

Anish

mbami83
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Gaby, I'm having the same problem right now. Could you tell me how you possibly solved the problem? Thanks for your help.
Best regards