cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view KF Data

Former Member

Hi,

I am having two distinct versions in my PA: Baseline and Version1. Both are having version specific MDT.

Now all my data are visible in Baseline version but whenever I am copying a "Stored" KF information from one version to another using "Excel Interversion Copy" feature, I am not able to see the data in the Version1, even if the activity is successful. Data handling works were done after the configuration was over.

Please refer the attached image.

Completely clueless on this issue. Need help.

Regards,

Indaarjit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor

Hi Indaarjit,

A few points to troubleshoot the issue -

1. By referring screenshot you had shared, Baseline version screenshot shows data from Year 2016 buckets whereas Version1 shows data from Year 2014 buckets. Please make sure this is not the reason for this mismatch.

2. When you execute Copy Version operator in Excel, please double check the filter settings - both Attribute and TIME, and keyfigure selected for copy.

3. As you are using Version Specific Master Data, it is important both Source and Target versions has same master data in them. It seems this is being taken care by you as I see the MDT having same values for both versions.

4. It is good idea to display data from both version together. In Edit View - try selecting both versions at the same time to display their data. This will make comparison much easier.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi Indaarjit,

Additionally, you can check if you are using currency or UOM conversion in this key figure and they are copied to version as well.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish  for pointing out the issue.

The issue has been resolved, it was mainly a mistake in defining the planning horizon for Version1 Template.

Thanks Rohit, I will definitely keep your advice in mind during future developments.

Regards,

Indaarjit

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

Just one remark:

If you dont want to simulate on UoM conversion, you should not flag the KF as version specific but only as Baseline. That not only saves space, but you dont need to copy the KF first

For currency conversion, it is the same, except that here I can imagine a reason why you would want to simulate

In older releases partially the standard planning areas still have conversion factors as specific, so you should check if you want to adjust in case you started with a copy