Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EWM Production Material Request - Stage to PSA

oar_hahn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working with the Production Material Request functionality which is available from EWM 9.2. Got a question regarding the setup for my scenario:

My component stock is stored in storage location ROD, stock type F1. I want to supply this stock to my Production Supply Area, which is setup as a separate storage location (PSA, stock type P2). For this, I'm using the Single-order staging functionality.

I've been playing around with the master data settings in ERP (PSA, Control cycle, work center), and the EWM PSA setup and bin assignment. However, I'm not sure how to make the correct setup.

At the moment, I have assigned the PSA to my ROD storage location. This way, my PMR item knows that it should pick from the ROD location (stock type F1). In tcode /SCWM/STAGE, I've assigned my PSA bin which is linked to the PSA storage location. So, when I confirm my WT, the system moves stock from F1 to P2, and performs a transfer posting from ROD to PSA in SAP ERP.

However, now I'm not able to perform a consumption posting. When I try, the error message states: E: Stock type P2 not found for product in manufacturing order.

This makes sense, because the Production order did not expect the stock in stock type P2 (PSA); it want to consume it from storage location ROD (F1).

Can anyone help me and tell me how to make the correct setup?

Thanks & regards,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

katrin_kraemer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

it is the same customizing that is used when picking for an outbound delivery order:

Extended Warehouse Management -> Cross Process Settings -> Stock Determination -> Configure Stock Determination

Here you can create an entry that for example F1 is allowed instead of P2.

In general you have all the tools (customizing, BAdIs) that are available for stock determination, strategies, settings on storage type level etc. available for the production material request similar as for the outbound delivery order.

Regards,
Katrin

oar_hahn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

Thanks, now it's working!

Regards,

Oliver

former_member600125
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

could you tell me which storage location has the CC and PSA? ROD or PSA?

Is the stock determination for the consumption posting or for the picking?

Thanks!

former_member600125
Participant
0 Kudos

I found the right setting. Source and destination have the same storage location. Both have AFS storage location, althouhg I am using the availability group 003 for my storage location "Production". with the stock determination, it is working fine.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

"At the moment, I have assigned the PSA to my ROD storage location"

That is not correct. In the PSA you enter the storage location from where the consumption posting is done, that means PSA.

The storage location ROD from where the staging should happen, you enter in the control cycle..

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

oar_hahn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the reply. This was actually what I initially wanted to configure as well. However, when I try to configure the Control cycle like this, I get an error message stating that the Source and Target storage location must be the same (see printscreen).

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Oliver

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, seems very clearly I was wrong there. I knew that the process with two storage locations is possible, but I assumed technically it works the same way as with the delivery based production integration, without testing it.

Brgds

Juergen