cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SNC Invoice Collaboration regarding compliance w/ local government policies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Wanted to check if there are any additional parameters/config needed for the SAP SNC invoice collaboration solution in order to make sure that the solution is compliant w/ local government policies? I am not sure if there are any existing configurations that can help w/ government compliance. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Walter,

SAP SNC Invoice Collaboration requires the tax codes which are used in SAP ECC system. This is an standard mandatory customizing.

Even if you use Invoice Creation or Invoice Receiving scenarios, you need to maintain these tax codes in SNC system. It does not matter.

If you need further information about government compliance's please share more detailed question where i can try to help you.

Regards,

Selim Batur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selim,

Thanks for the help.

We know that tax code maintenance is important as this is a standard mandatory customizing task. But once tax code is already maintained and all other mandatory maintenance is done, what other setups can we do in order to create an audit trail for legal purpose and other tasks that helps in complying w/ government policies?

Examples:

1) can we have the system automatically send the generated invoice files(PDF) after publishing it to the customer/supplier for reference? or any other PDF generation process for the created invoices?

2) is there an audit trail for invoice creation? so that if ever there is a legal issue, at least we have a way to check in the past regarding who/what/when that caused the problem?

3) any other suggestion?

Thanks!

-Walter Rogando

0 Kudos

Hi Walter

In case you have an SAP ECC system at the back end , it is better suited from driving an end to end compliance.You can investigate the SAP Legal Change Notes option available on the SAP On support Launch Pad. Given that these requirements are pretty localized in terms of unique field validations you will need analyze how much would you like to invest in case you want to go for a custom development  in these cases and also to upgrade based on legal changes because chances are you have already invested some in the parent system. Another question you may need to ask is also is the current ratio of suppliers in the community vis a vis what is there on the application and your future plans.

On the Application side you can explore the Invoice Document flow in Invoice Collaboration Details ->Administration Tab

invoice Items Document flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Let me try to answer your questions below in bold-black:

1) can we have the system automatically send the generated invoice files(PDF) after publishing it to the customer/supplier for reference? or any other PDF generation process for the created invoices?

Selim: You can create custom alert profiles and connect them via PPF settings to share such kind of information.

2) is there an audit trail for invoice creation? so that if ever there is a legal issue, at least we have a way to check in the past regarding who/what/when that caused the problem?

Selim: Standard audit process requires visibility and change tracker in the system. According to that i can suggest you to activate change document settings but i you not find a lot of benefit in here.

3) any other suggestion?

Selim: In my opinion SNC is not a financial system where you can create a custom report to show document changes to relevant firm. Above this i suggest for you show your ECC system as major audit system.

Regards,

Selim Batur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selim,

Regarding your inputs in creating custom alert profiles and connect them via PPF settings, i'll try to look further into this topic. thank you for the suggestion.

Then regarding activating change document settings, do you know how is this done in the SNC system? what transactions/configs do I need to check for this?

Thanks!

- Walter Rogando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

You can use t-code SCDO for "Change Document Objects".

Also you can check the product, transportation lane change management from SCM Customizing tree:

Regards,

Selim Batur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selim,

I tried to check the steps online regarding how to connect the alert profiles and PPF settings so that I can send invoice automatically  via email in PDF format every time I create one, but I'm not able to get the info that I need.

would you be able to provide more info on how to do this? so that I can narrow down more my search if needed.

Thanks!

- Walter Rogando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Firstly sorry being late to answer your queries.

I would like answer your questions as below:

1- Custom Alerts and PPF Settings: You can check below area for PPF customizings which are required for alert generation.

There is an old link which explains the function for this area:

You can check more standart settings in SAP SNC Help..

2- How to add Invoice PDFs via extension: Try to implement below BADI for document update while sending alerts by using standart SNC Exceptions for Invoice. There are limited profiles for Alert generation where you need create some custom alerts.

Standart Invoice Alert List: Invoice Alerts - Invoice Collaboration - SAP Library

3- Legal Controls: I'm thinking in paralel to Anindya Gupta to advice audit consultants to work on your major ECC system. Anyways there is an area in SCM system for Audit relevant requirements. Personally i never used it but give a try maybe it will help you.

Regards,

Selim Batur

Answers (0)