cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM 'automatic' user status change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colleagues,

I have a scenario in which I need my ChaRM Document (custom YMMJ) to automatically switch user statuses upon certain circumstances.  Let me explain:

1) User invokes a visible PPF action to switch the status to E0011 (HF_SET_STATUS)

2) After switching to E0011, somehow code is automatically invoked that will apply some logic (custom action with BAdI?)

3) Based on the logic, the status can then automatically switch from E0011 to E0012, or stay at E0011

I've been trying to better understand the 'boundaries' of PPF actions versus BAdI actions, and I think with a combination of the two I can get this figured out, but I could use your help.  I've been reading someof Michael Vollmer's blogs which are steering me in the right direction, but I could still use some assistance.  Here's one idea, but not sure if it'll work:

1) Visible PPF action switches status to E0011

2) A custom Action at E0011 then invokes a custom BAdI (after consistency checks) to apply the logic

3) Based on the logic, the BAdI will submit program CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT to switch to next status of E0012

However, I'm not sure if that will work because perhaps the PPF action has the "final say" and the transaction will still finish in E0011.  Right?

Is there a proper way of executing this scenario?

Much appreciated,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Status Flow of the Request for Change including Approval Procedure and ChaRM FrameworkAfter reading this blog, I don't think the idea above will work.  It looks like the PPF has the final say, so the logic and automatic status change would have to take place after the first PPF which sets to E0011 finishes.

I'm trying to create a second scheduled PPF that would invoke upon condition =E0011, but it's not invoking.  I'm still trying to figure out why.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

just out of curiosity: Did you find a solution to your problem?

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but going a different direction.  Basically, we're re-purposing a consistency check.  So, have the consistency check run the circumstances to determine if it should "skip" to the desired user-status.  The consistency check only changes user statuses if it's an error type; so if it meets the desired circumstances, we claim it "fails," which then automatically switches to the desired user status.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

yes its possible but with development and i suppose you have that done and would like to link it to a PPF action.

It is possible

you can create a new action similar to below one.

further have your method calling and doing your something (ABAP code) with status change in the end automatically.

P.S. sometimes we have a requirement of triggering email to multiple people/validation checks/and status at once so we sometimes need to create a development or BADI which can be called using ppf action if standard solution don't exists.

this action condition has schedule condition like below but you can do it for E0011 status or so

i hope this helps if not kindly come back with more inputs or where you struck.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thank you for your reply.  I replied to my own post before noticing you had replied.

So you're saying create a second PPF action (the first one is the original PPF that uses HF_SET_STATUS to E0011).  This second PPF is scheduled and will invoke when the condition =E0011 is met.  Correct?  This second PPF will then fire off a method which will contain the logic and use of CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT, correct?

I believe that's what I'm now trying to do, but I don't think this new scheduled PPF is invoking.  I'll do some more digging.

Thanks again,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

I'm testing this scenario:

1) Original PPF sets the status to E0011

2) New background PPF has a scheduled condition if the transaction = E0011.  If true, it sets the status to E0012

I was hoping the second PPF would kick off automatically after setting to E0011, but it's not happening.  Only AFTER my CD is E0011, I have to open it, change some text, hit save, and THEN it invokes the second PPF.  Am I missing anything to make it automatic?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos

Hello David,

If you are using action PPF and Action conditions then you have to open CD, trigger the action and set it for next status. for automatic changing the status value, i think you should use Badi conditions.

Thanks

Gaurav Patel

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You need to check the action definition for the action which you have mentioned it is not executing...refer below blog

Actions in IT Service Management - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

with action definition it is easier to control it.

let me know further

Thanks

Prakhar

former_member186154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Did you find the solution for your problem?

Have you tried with the 2nd PPF action with Processing time as "Immediate Processing"?

Regards,

Kathir