Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA01 - Inspection lot we can see attachment after deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Please help me to solve below query.

While creation inspection lot (QA01)have added 3 attachments through {top left corner button (Services for Object)}.

In QA02 have deleted one attachment and SAVED the same inspection lot.

In QA03 when we display same Inspection lot we can see all 3 attachments along with deleted one.

We are getting this Error for all inspection lot and for all users who are working on QM model.

Please help me to understand if this can be solved by doing technical analysis.

As this is standard Error do we have any S-note to be implemented to resolve this issue .

Your prompt response highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad Krishna Naralkar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

chek table TOA01 for your object, BUS1191.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thread closed.Issue resolved .

Thanks and Regards,

PRasad KRishna NAralkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub,

Thank you very much for your help.

really helpful..

functional has missed those two checkboxes which are helping for "DATABSE COMMIT".

Thank you once again.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tested this and I can't recreate the problem.  I added two documents, a word doc and an excel file.  Saved the lot. Then I went in and deleted one.  Saved it.  Came back in lot and only the other file was shown as an attachment.  I then deleted that one too and saved the lot.  When I came back in I had no attachments for the lot.

Since you have created two discussion questions on the same issue, One for inspection lots and one for quality notifications,  I suspect that this has something to do with the services for object and you'll probably see this in other objects as well.  I'd test this in the MM02 transaction (change material) as next.  And possibly test it in the ME22N (Change purchase order), too.  This should pretty much prove it's not a QM related issue.

The next two things I would ask my team to look at would be.

1) Security - run an SU53 right after you delete the attachment.  Sometimes that can show you an authorization issue even though you don't get a message on the screen.  Ask your security person to see if your account has any restrictions with regard to deleting these types of objects.

2) Next have the BASIS team look into configuration of the services for objects functionality.  It could be something basic in config.  It might also be related to the server where these files are stored.  It might be very possible that the disk or area this is being written to is not a RW device.  Could it be possible they mounted a write only archive disk for this which prevents it from being deleted?

Bottom line:  I'm 98% sure it has nothing to do with QM.

Please let us know what you find.  Even though it's not QM, this functionality is often used in QM and I personally would like to understand what your root cause turns out to be.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thank for your response .

I am a developer and not having any knowledge about QM module .

as you have suggested have already confirmed with BASIS team regarding authorization .

If its a authorization issue then it would be different output for everyone but User ide for me , Functional Consultant and the User are getting same error .

Have debugged it but not able to understand whats it going wrong .

Can you put some light as this is standard code do we require to look for any note or any other way around where i can get some pointers .

Cause while debugging its taking long time to understand whats going wrong in Tcode.

Also have checked Class "CL_GOS_SRV_ATTACHMENT_LIST" but not getting any solution for the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad Krishna Naralkar.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope, I have nothing else for you sorry. 

But don't rule out security just yet.  All three of your Id's might have the same issue.  You need a test account with SAPALL priviliges on it to be sure.

And you still check with your BASIS team about the disk or volume being used for these attachments to make sure it's RWED and not just RW.

Craig

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

As i already asked you in a separate thread, please check the configuration in Tcode SGOS.

Regards,

Ayoub.