cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party Web Service Tool Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Could you let me know some step by step process?

I am trying to use as per your instruction:

what you need is to find out the request format of this webservice . to get this format you can use some third party tools

i prefer the following tool which is free

http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details.aspx?SampleGuid=65a1d4ea-0f7a-41bd-8494-e916e...

I get the following error:

Initializing

Generating WSDL

System.InvalidOperationException: General Error http://FQDN:PORT/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/Z_SFLIGHT_VI?sap-client=500&wsdl=1.1 ---> System.Net.WebException: There was an error downloading 'http://FQDN:PORT/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/Z_SFLIGHT_VI?sap-client=500&wsdl=1.1'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Web.Services.Discovery.DiscoveryClientProtocol.Download(String& url, String& contentType)

at System.Web.Services.Discovery.DiscoveryClientProtocol.DiscoverAny(String url)

at WebServiceStudio.Wsdl.ProcessRemoteUrls(DiscoveryClientProtocol client, StringCollection urls, XmlSchemas schemas, ServiceDescriptionCollection descriptions)

at WebServiceStudio.Wsdl.ProcessRemoteUrls(DiscoveryClientProtocol client, StringCollection urls, XmlSchemas schemas, ServiceDescriptionCollection descriptions)

at WebServiceStudio.Wsdl.Generate()

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja / Anton,

I get the above error when i click the Invoke button and i couldn't get to the root node.

**************************************************************************************

An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

buttons

DETAILS | CONTINUE | QUIT

**************************************************************************************

It doesn't do anything.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Arun.

These days, i'm also struggling with finding 3rd Party WS tools(Free!).

And my conclusion.

.NET webservice studio was simple and nice but not for SAP Web

Services due to the complex types and namespaces problem.

i recommend you to try also this tool!

http://www.soapui.org/

Good Luck.

Sejoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

soapui is also a tool I would recommend!

personally I use PHP, it's soap functions, and PHPs reflection API. Very productive once you know it, kind of hardcore as long as you don't.

regards,

anton

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sejoon,

Thanks for the link, soapui seems much better

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you follow this thread and reply to it?

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

It worked. But when i tried to Invoke the Service i got the following Error:

**********************************************************************************

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

• Exception Text **************

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=iso-8859-1', but expected 'text/xml'.

The request failed with the error message:

--

body { font-family:tahoma,helvetica,sans-serif;color:#333333;background-color:#FFFFFF; }td { font-family:tahoma,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:70%;color:#333333; }h1 { font-family:tahoma,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:160%;font-weight:bold;margin-top:15px;margin-bottom:3px;color:#003366; }h2 { font-family:verdana,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:120%;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;margin-top:6px;margin-bottom:6px;color:#999900; }p { font-family:tahoma,helvetica,sans-serif;color:#333333;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:4px; }ul { font-family:tahoma,helvetica,sans-serif;color:#333333;list-style-type:square;margin-top:8px;margin-bottom:8px; }li { font-family:tahoma,helvetica,sans-serif;color:#33333;margin-top:4px; }.emphasize .note a { font-family:tahoma,helvetica,sans-serif;text-decoration:underline;color:#336699; }a:visited a:hover { text-decoration:none; }

h1. Anmeldung fehlgeschlagen

h2. Was ist passiert ?

Der Aufruf der URL http://FQDN:PORT/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/Z_SFLIGHT_VI wurde aufgrund fehlerhafter Anmeldedaten abgebrochen.

Hinweis
Die Anmeldung wurde im System BWQ ausgeführt. Hierbei wurden keine Anmeldedaten bereitgestellt.

• Falls Sie noch über keine Benutzerkennung verfügen, so wenden Sie sich an Ihren Systemadministrator.

h2. Was können Sie tun ?

Fehlercode: ICF-LE-http-c:500-l:-T:-C:3-U:-P:-L:6

HTTP 401 - Unauthorized

Ihr SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Z_SFLIGHT_VIService.BAPI_SFLIGHT_GETLIST(String AFTERNOON, String AIRLINECARRIER, BAPISFLIST[]& FLIGHTLIST, String FROMCITY, String FROMCOUNTRYKEY, Int32 MAXREAD, Boolean MAXREADSpecified, String TOCITY, String TOCOUNTRYKEY)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at WebServiceStudio.MainForm.InvokeWebMethod()

at WebServiceStudio.MainForm.buttonInvoke_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0

Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032

CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll

-

-

WebServiceStudio

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Download/WebserviceStudio20/bin/WebServiceStudio.exe

-

-

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll

-

-

System

CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll

-

-

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll

-

-

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll

-

-

pd2b0qph

CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll

-

-

System.Web.Services

CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.web.services/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.web.services.dll

-

-

System.Web

Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2037

CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.web/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.web.dll

-

-

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.data.dll

-

-

nvktnwnf

CodeBase: file:///C:/DOCUME1/arunp/LOCALS1/Temp/nvktnwnf.dll

-

-

phkxn3pb

-

-

System.Design

CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.design/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.design.dll

-

-

wseext

CodeBase: file:///C:/Download/WebserviceStudio20/bin/WSEExt.DLL

-

-

Accessibility

Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573

CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll

-

-

• JIT Debugging **************

To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this

application or machine (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine

rather than being handled by this dialog.

**********************************************************************************

Thanx

Arun

athavanraja
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

i just tried to tranlate part of it to english (courtesy babelfish)

<i>"Registration missed What happened? The call of the URL http://ersb3ci0.gene.com:8062/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/Z_SFLIGHT_VI was broken off due to incorrect dates of registration. Reference The registration was implemented in the system BWQ. Here no dates of registration were made available. What can you do?"</i>

do you have necessary authorization to run this WS.

now if you go to request/response tab you can get the format of SOAP request and response.

Raja

Former Member
    0 Kudos

hi,

difficult to tell from a distance but I think the problem is this:

you could retrieve the WSDL with the correct authorization data.

but when your framework called the service itself it didn't supply any logon credentials.

interestingly it seems to have suppressed the authentication challenge window and directly throw you a 401 error.

you have to find out where you can statically supply logon credentials inyour environment.

elswhere for instance, you instanciate the proxy class passing logon credentials, proxy information and other things. try to figure thatout.

regards,

anton

athavanraja
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

the way to pass authentication for webservice call from .net webservice studio is

click on the invoke button and click on the root node . on the right side in input box go to the node proxy->Server Properties Server

and click on "String user name for Basic auth" in the value box set isNull to false and enter the userid , like wise set the password and then invoke the webservice.

Raja

Former Member
    0 Kudos

cool. nice cooperative effort. cheers, anton

Former Member
    0 Kudos

hi,

specify the WSDL as

http://FQDN:PORT/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/Z_SFLIGHT_VI?sap-client=500&wsdl=1.1<b>&sap-user=your_rfc_user&sap-password=your_rfc_user's_password</b>

or it is sap-username, forgot that for the moment.

regards,

anton