cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to use PO DB, GW Hub DB or SAP ECC DB for BPM process?

vikrant_dev1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Community members,

I have some requirements to build a BPM process and several UI screens for that BPM process alongside some other UI screens directly from SAP ECC. Expectation is to have all UI screens launched through a single launchpad preferably Fiori launchpad. Now I need some suggestions as to which system to use to keep the data used for the UI screens  and also utilised for the BPM processes (like some User login info, several texts, some value help info and feedback info etc.).

Should i create an additional DB in SAP PO or should I create a DB in the Gateway HUB (we have a separate GW hub system rather than utilising from ECC or PO) or should I get the data from the ECC DB. If I use the DB for the later two (GW or ECC), will I have to reflect the same info in the PO box for the BPM process?

Any proper industry standard suggestions here would be appreciated.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ch_loos
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

In general, you should not replicate all the data from an ECC system into PO.

Keep object keys and any data that you need to control the process flow (e.g. for decision gateways) within the process context, and then load additional data that is needed on the UI directly from the backend (e.g. via Gateway services).

Data that is not existing in the backend (e.g. extension objects, or draft data) can be persisted in the PO DB.

Typically you would not store any business data in the Gateway hub system.

Hope this helps,

Christian

vikrant_dev1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian,

Sorry, I was on vacation so could not reply. I consulted with few other team members and agreed on the same solution to use the SAP ECC data on the UIs via gateway and move the process flow data to PO via the object keys. We will start with the same architecture and will update on this forum if we face any challenges.

Thanks,

Vikrant

Answers (0)